Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Moustache

dnjan

One Too Many
Change in Clubman tube

I've used Clubman for many years, because it works (for me at least), and is readily available at local drugstores.
The last two tubes I have used have torn just below the top.
Is it just my luck, or has Clubman tried to save a few pennies on their tubes?

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I've been growing a mustache for two weeks and it is just long enough to shape into a nice pencil style, well, it's something like that anyway. I will post pictures tomorrow. It's for the mustache growing consest at work (a fine military tradition) but I think I'll win for the one with the most style.

Last edited:

Geiamama

One of the Regulars
My father has had a glorious thick moustache for as long as I can remember. He was probably born with it! I always thought he looked so suave and dapper, even if he was wearing overalls in the garden, but especially when he was all dressed up smoking his cigars. As a little girl I loved the way it tickled when he kissed me on the forehead as he went off to work.

meandmyhero.jpg

Me and my hero! Note the immaculately pressed shirt and chinos on holiday instead of the scruffy shorts all the other dads wore. :cool: SO PROUD!

My obsession with a beautifully adorned upper lip is so great that for my birthday my husband is shaving his beard into a Errol Flynn moustache. A girl couldn't get a better present!

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
My obsession with a beautifully adorned upper lip is so great that for my birthday my husband is shaving his beard into a Errol Flynn moustache. A girl couldn't get a better present!

I shaved my beard off just after the New Year. I'd had it for twelve years, and my wife had never seen my chin. I wanted to see how my handlebar moustache looked on its own.

CharlieB

A-List Customer
I have had a full beard, goatee or moustache for most of my adult life. Two years ago I decided to shave it all off - first time I had seen my upper lip in almost 30 years. It was then I remembered why I covered it up in the first place!

dnjan

One Too Many
I shaved my beard off just after the New Year. I'd had it for twelve years, and my wife had never seen my chin. I wanted to see how my handlebar moustache looked on its own.

I've had the handlebar for about 30 years, and recently added a van dyke. Have gotten many more moustache comments since adding the beard!
(need to update my avatar one of these days ...)

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
I've been seriously thinking of growing mine again. There are so many handlebars out here though, it seems like you're trying to fit in. It wasn't many years ago they held the international moustache championships in town, and Carson City & Virginia City still have their rivalry competitions each year.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Just grew my "Erroll Flynn/Tyrone Power/Robert Taylor" (I wish) moustache back after a year's absence. I can never get the slope just below the nose right (the slight, triangular shape that rises up to meet the proboscis), so I've left it horizontal for now. Being a pefectionist when it comes to symmetry, it's also hard for me to get the two sides "perfect," one of the reasons I usually end up shaving the whole thing off every 4-5 months.:eusa_doh:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Oh you look quite different but very good. And moustache is still the king of them all...of course.
Already getting used to it or thinking of re-growing the beard?

dnjan

One Too Many
Being a pefectionist when it comes to symmetry, it's also hard for me to get the two sides "perfect," one of the reasons I usually end up shaving the whole thing off every 4-5 months.:eusa_doh:

That is the reason I started waxing mine. One side tended towards horizontal while the other went down. With careful waxing I can approach symmetry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner