Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The new Jedi

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Me and Root took up lightsaber training at the local Jedi academy that was founded after the fall of the Empire. We think we have the stuff (the local master said the first lesson was for free). Apparently since they don't have blasters in the local systems (no need to learn all the deflecting moves) and since he doesn't think we'll be sent on any major assignments in the galaxy anytime soon it won't hurt to have a few apprentices starting out at an older age, especially since we have no Jedi on our planet.... you have to start somewhere. Since our planet has no hyper drive capability we're just gonna learn how to fight saber to saber and use our force powers and we'll get the "mystical training" later. No rush I told him.

118832533_l.jpg

Canadave

One Too Many
Don't let this happen to you...
-----------------------------

"Sith" Fans Maimed in Light-Saber Mishap

By Charlie Amter Thu May 26, 4:52 PM ET

The Force--let alone common sense--was definitely not with them.

Two British Star Wars fans sustained critical injuries after constructing their own light sabers from fluorescent light tubes filled with liquid fuel.

According to British media reports, a 20-year-old man and his 17-year-old female friend were filming a mock duel in homage to Star Wars: Episode III--Revenge of the Sith, the latest chapter of George Lucas' record-breaking franchise.

The duo were reportedly emulating one of Sith's key battles, a light-saber clash between Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi and
Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker.

The two Brits suffered severe burns when their homemade sabers exploded. The two had been videotaping their clash. They have been hospitalized at Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire since the accident Sunday...

D

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I'm a sword fan from way back and enjoy the image of fencing and sword play with the forties suits, but you boys have done one better.
The photos are great.
Matt, don't worry about the hand. I believe lightsabers cauterize the wound as it removes the appendage (that was its original slogan). Besides hands are over-rated, what can you do with them that you can't do with your head.

The Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24