Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Okay, I need this hat.
DE_MUS_018313_876444

Mann mit Hut von Madaus und Tiebut, 1934

Wow! I kept looking for chin straps. Must've had them pulled down tight on their heads.
Not sure where this was taken. It might be Pioneer Cemetery in Glenwood Springs, CO where the dead would have to be carried up in the wintertime or stored until Spring. That's why the old timers always said Doc Holliday isn't buried where they have marked today for tourists.

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
It's an interesting photo, but something about it suggests to me that it's more modern that it appears to be (i.e. more "screengrab" than "photo") and that the men are possibly actors or reenactors.

Of course, that's just my opinion; I could be wrong. :)
IMG_9167.jpg
That “something”, my Zombie friend might be that the men are
moving and the angle of photo is not typical of photography of
old which required long exposure either sitting or standing and
at
times props or sticks with neck braces were used to hold the
subject steady for the slow lenses of the time.
Photographer-studio-1893.jpg

There’s a thread somewhere in the Fedora regarding “Hats & funerals”.
It’s interesting about the pros and cons with the wearing of hats at funerals.

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
My favorite of the ”Our Gang” characters was the kid with the perennial smile & a plethora of freckles, Mickey Daniels.
Our_Gang.jpg

Allen ‘Farina’ Hoskins, one of the few to make the transition from silent to sound.
He was in the very first film series which began in 1922. If you look closely at his early
silent shorts, there are times when he is not acting but actually crying real tears.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass