The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

Discussion in 'Hats' started by The Wiser Hatter, May 16, 2011.

1. carouselvic

carouselvic I'll Lock Up

An intoxicated gent gets hauled away. Christmas Eve 1953. East 78th Street & 3rd Avenue, New York
    [​IMG]

2. carouselvic

carouselvic I'll Lock Up

During the 1918 flu epidemic.

[​IMG]

3. Victorian gent.

IMG_2340.JPG

4. carouselvic

carouselvic I'll Lock Up

A reported 22,000 fans gathered at Dexter Park in Brooklyn on Oct. 12, 1928, to watch Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig kick off their barnstorming tour with a game against the Bushwick All-Stars, a semi-professional team. To the crowds surprise (and probably delight), the pair appeared on the field prior to the game in cowboy outfits. But Ruth did better than just donning the outfit. He came onto the field and after mounting a police officer’s horse, proceeded to race “it around the field like a Buffalo Bill.”

[​IMG]

5. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

I'd pay a dollar to see that.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

6. Zombie_61 likes this.
  7. I'd like to see more of the hat on the 1st guy in the wagon. I like that style.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  8. Looks like a Tom Horn crease with a mule kick in back.

Zombie_61 and deadlyhandsome like this.
  9. Naw. More to it than that.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  10. I have forgotten their names but these guys are artisian pipe carvers. I've been told they dress in this style most days. I really like this pic.

IMG_2942.JPG

11. New game, "Name That Crease".

Zombie_61 and Bamaboots like this.
  12. Another Victorian Gent

IMG_2741.JPG

13. "When photographer Mary Garrison of Ozark wed Sparta and Bruner native James St. John they quickly moved to Montana by around 1910. Mary must have taken her camera with her because this photo finds James and Mary's little baby Warren St John at "home" with his Montana Indian neighbors!!!"

Garrison_Montana_1910.jpg

14. Some of my neighbors from back in the day. Near Twin Bridges on the North Fork of the White River.

"Left to right, Olen Franklin Fish, William Joseph Fish, James Monroe (Roe) Fish, and the man in the suit is still a mystery."

Fish_Family_Fishing.jpg

15. Looks like a nice dugout. Are the Fishes fishing?

Zombie_61 and BobHufford like this.
  16. "130 years ago today, 3 Christian County Bald Knobbers were hung on the square in Ozark, Missouri for the March, 1887 Edens-Green killings... ending the vigilante organization...or did it? An interesting, yet dark part of our Ozarks history, that should be remembered."

Bald_Knobbers_1.jpg

[​IMG]

17. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

He was prob'ly one o' them revenooers makin' sure them Fish boys stay on the straight and narrow.

BobHufford and Desert dog like this.