Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

Manes Bridge. Manes, Missouri. c1900. Not sure what's happening ... maybe the grand opening.

1680630716207.png

I "get" this guy ...

1680630847637.png

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Afton, Greene County, Tennessee, 1941...
Caption
Three men and one woman picking huckleberries using bark baskets. They are, left to right: Rev. Jesse Laws, Mona Roberts, Harmon Roberts, and Tom Faulkner....
Photograph was taken by two unidentified hikers on the Appalachian Trail. Mona and Harmon Roberts were married. The baskets are called mountain berry baskets or hucklebuckets.
Source
Tennessee Department of Conservation

506DB13A-3F61-4B9E-AB2A-22BE7E0A94D8.jpeg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
At first glance I thought it was a picture of the Dillards.

The-Darling-Dillards.jpg

Caption
Three men and one woman picking huckleberries using bark baskets. They are, left to right: Rev. Jesse Laws, Mona Roberts, Harmon Roberts, and Tom Faulkner....
Photograph was taken by two unidentified hikers on the Appalachian Trail. Mona and Harmon Roberts were married. The baskets are called mountain berry baskets or hucklebuckets.
Source

View attachment 507827

Caption
Source

View attachment 507827
Ahh, the "good old days" when people couldn't afford shoes. Mind you, these old jeans overalls are probably worth a fortune now.

This photo must have been posted somewhere in/on the Lounge before. Mobsters all covering their faces with their hats to avoid the photographer during the trial of Al Capone.
Ka-lassic! 070FDF25-6B6A-4BFB-A74A-367AD74F5BDA.jpeg
Note the secret signal on the dark center-dented hat, third from the right, at approximately 4:30 on the brim.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass