Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Found those on a Texas fb page

This one is 1910.
texasbar1910.jpg

And this one circa 1950
texascar1950.jpg

photogravity

One of the Regulars
^^ The second picture with the LEOs makes me wonder if they had just made a bust or were on their way to a party. :)

And dag! That stuffed pelican is impressive. I hope it made someone a good meal before it was mounted.

I only recently discovered this thread, and spent more than a few hours tonight reading and viewing the photos. Wonderful! It's a shame that so many images in the early posts have gone missing.

My own meager contribution is something I first discovered as a poster hanging on the wall of a local pizzeria:

Men_in_a_Street_of_Napoli_zpsqqmyw37v.jpg

Unfortunately, a search on the ol' Interwebz for information about this photo yielded very little other than a number of websites selling the aforementioned poster. Apparently, somewhere along the way someone decided to call it "Men in a Street of Napoli", but the photographer and year it was taken appear to be unknown. Also, it seems to have been cropped from a larger image, as I found this during my search:

Men_in_a_Street_of_Napoli_Uncropped_zpscncgqjsk.jpg

Based on the car in the second photo I'd guess late 1950s to early 1960s, but otherwise... [huh]

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
Mules are stronger, and have more endurance that a horse and can survive much longer in arid conditions. Many of the marshal posies who left judge Parkers courthouse in pursuit of criminals in the Indian territories did
so on the back of mules and were able to chase down most of the bandits they were after even though they were riding the "superior" horse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff