Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beauty Box thread

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
See page 4 for Tatum's picks! (just realized my update post bumped us onto page 5)

Just to update, here's our list:

Tatum (FL, US) <-- has box now
Crwitt (ME, US)
Land-O-LakesGal (Minnesota, US)
Lady Day (CA, US)
Bluebird Marsha (TN, US)
Fortworthgal (TX, US)
Zombi (US, will ship to Canada)
C-Dot (Canada)
Olive bleu (Canada)

Tatum

Practically Family
I love those soaps. They are going to go to the condo in Orlando that I stay at all the time, as I have a basket of "my things" there and I needed some yummy soaps to replenish.

I wore some of the Nyx shadows today and the liquid liner, and love them both. This liner, if I can get better with application, seems to be bulletproof. Yay, just what I needed!

Gracie wore the Brûlée shadow today and adores it as well.

I will try my darndest to get the box to the post tomorrow so it gets to crwitt quickly! :)

zombi

A-List Customer
I've already put aside a whole bag of things to pop in! Now after seeing photos I'm wondering what else I can find! This is so fun.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I'm so glad this is off to a great start!

I love those soaps. They are going to go to the condo in Orlando that I stay at all the time, as I have a basket of "my things" there and I needed some yummy soaps to replenish.

I wore some of the Nyx shadows today and the liquid liner, and love them both. This liner, if I can get better with application, seems to be bulletproof. Yay, just what I needed!

Gracie wore the Brûlée shadow today and adores it as well.

I will try my darndest to get the box to the post tomorrow so it gets to crwitt quickly! :)

That Brulee shadow has gotten great reviews on Makeupalley, although I haven't tried it myself. I do have that NARS liner and the lasting power is amazing, although I am personally much better with pencil liners.

Tatum

Practically Family
I wish so that this had gotten started a few months ago...literally, three months ago, I cleaned out my stash of stuff that hadn't been used in a while. Oh well, I did still have fun things to contribute! There was a Sephora lipstick that Gracie was going to put in and I whined, so I got it. Wore it today actually :)

The NARS liner is still going strong. I usually use L'Oreal HIP (I think it is a cream liner, it comes in a pot) with a really good brush, but I am an oily human and this time of the year it ends up on my browbones halfway through the day. The NARS is still perfect, and the sun is down! Hooray!

Tatum

Practically Family
Oh, just so everyone knows, Gracie Lee hasn't been on the FL due to school... She's trying to avoid the lovely timesuck that is the Lounge. But she hopes the box makes a few more rounds, as do I! Will it?

Tatum

Practically Family
Oh good! I'd be all in for another go round, as would Gracie.

I pm'd crwitt with a tracking number today (yes, I was able to make it to the post office) and according to USPS she should receive it Wednesday! I also spent the extra $.70 on delivery confirmation... :)

Kishtu

Practically Family
Any chance of said box making it as far as the UK, or do we on the wrong side of the pond need to start our own?

I love getting parcels and I never get any :(

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I'd personally love to include UK girls, just because you ladies have so many cool products over there that we in the US never get to try out! However, I don't know enough about international shipping (costs & times) to know if it would be feasible. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Kishtu

Practically Family
Normal air mail shipping is under a week (in my somewhat limited experience due to having no friends :D)
I guess cost would be dependent on how big the thing ends up!

The only thing that did just cross my mind though was if there might be any problems with getting anything through customs?

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Normal air mail shipping is under a week (in my somewhat limited experience due to having no friends :D)
I guess cost would be dependent on how big the thing ends up!

The only thing that did just cross my mind though was if there might be any problems with getting anything through customs?

I've never sent anything to the UK, but when I've paid to receive things, I found Royal Mail to be very economical, always more than USPS. If we sent it off from Canada, it might not be too bad, but I could be wrong.

As for customs, there's no problems sending food or cosmetics to Canada from the States and vice versa, so I don't see why it would be different to the UK. I'll have to research that.

zombi

A-List Customer
I've both sent and received many parcels to/from the UK, including things like cold cream and makeup. I've never had any trouble with customs or anything else. I don't consider it extremely expensive. If I weren't already shipping to Canada on the list, I wouldn't mind shipping to the UK. It does take a few weeks to get a parcel on either end, though.

Kishtu

Practically Family
Hmmm, so the UK in the next round might be possible -splendid!
The only reason I thought it might be an issue with customs is that I have had a couple of parcels - one from Canada, one from US - end up sitting in customs for months - one disappeared altogether and was returned to its sender.
That, however, is what eBay said, so it may not be entirely true, if you know what I mean [huh]

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I guess we'll see how this round goes and then (hopefully!) host another sign-up for round 2.

I hope the box is delivered today, I can't wait to see another reveal! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav