Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beauty Box thread

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
And we're off! :D

Here's the order of ladies participating in this round:

Fortworthgal (TX, US)
Bellabella327 (CA, US)
Tatum (FL, US)
Crwitt (ME, US)
Land-O-LakesGal (Minnesota, US)
Lady Day (US)
Bluebird Marsha (TN, US)
Zombi (US, will ship to Canada)
C-Dot (Canada)
Olive bleu (Canada)

Reminder that members will be grouped by country - so, all the US members will get the box first, then it will travel to Canada and make the rounds. If you feel you need to switch order with someone else for any reason (going on vacation etc) post here & let me know.

I want to offer special thanks to Zombi, who has graciously offered to pay shipping to Canada, and to Bluebird Marsha, who is also contributing some items to get the box started off.

I'll be getting the box ready over the long weekend, and will post when I ship out to BellaBella327.

Here is a reminder of the rules:
1) Minimum of 100 posts to participate
2) Within the US, will be using large USPS flat rate boxes - this assures everyone pays the same price for shipping ($13.50) regardless of weight; we can track the package; and the next person will receive it in 2-3 business days. Also, please post if you are willing to pay additional shipping to mail the box to another country, as we will need 1 person in each country to do so.
3) Must be able to send tracking number to next participant; instructions on how to buy delivery confirmation and print labels from home are here: http://www.ehow.com/how_4927923_crea...ge-labels.html
4) Must send off package no more than 4 days after receipt (or as soon as reasonably possible); PM the next person on your list for their address once you receive the box.
5) Since this relies largely on the honor system, please try to contribute an equal amount (or more) items than what you take; there will be a log sheet for you to cross off what you took and add (**exception is if the box is just too darn full to close - feel free to remove items in order to make room for your goodies!**)
6) Items should be in new or good condition - something you wouldn't mind giving to a dear friend. This doesn't apply to vintage items, naturally! Used items are fine, but please sanitize them by wiping with alcohol. Makeup & hair brushes should be clean.
7) Please wrap up your items (especially liquids) carefully so the next participant doesn't get a wet, sticky mess.
8) If for any reason you are on the list and can no longer participate, please post in this thread ASAP!
9) You must be able to take pictures of what you've taken to post on the thread, or at least post a list of what you have taken out. This keeps excitement up for the ladies watching by keeping things transparent. No need to take pictures of what you are adding into the box - that way it keeps the rest of the box a surprise for the upcoming participants.
10) *Any* beauty items are allowed. This includes nail & hair products, styling tools, body products, cosmetics, anything related to beauty. Since this is the Fedora Lounge, we will also include vintage items relating to beauty - magazines, packaging, wave clips, curlers, whatever!

Last edited:

zombi

A-List Customer
About delivery confirmation -- I've been told by my post office before that you cannot get a DC# when shipping to a country outside the States because delivery confirmation is for domestic mail only. I'll ring the post office later in the week to ask them if there's a way for me to provide a tracking number for a package I'm mailing to Canada.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The customs form that you fill out has a tracing number that LZK...at the top of the form. Yeah, my post office worker said that its actually included because people kept asking for tracking for international packages. Now, how *good* a tracking number is still debatable, and how well the country will keep tabs on it is questionable, but you can track a packages with that number via USPS.com
By the by, Im in Los Angeles :)

LD

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I think whatever tracking we can get for Canada will be fine. I knew it wouldn't be the same as USPS, but no big deal.

Thanks, LD! I wasn't sure where you were located.

I'm getting the box ready this weekend. Once I get an address from Bellabella327, I'll have it on the way to her later this week!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Olive, I guess we'll see how the round goes. If it goes well and we want to do another one, you can send the box to me (or whoever) and we'll start sign-ups for round 2 and use whatever's left in the box to start it off.

If we don't decide to do another round, I would say find a place to donate whatever's left, a women's shelter or something.

I guess we'll figure that out once we get further into the round and see what everyone thinks!

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Today's my birthday, so I've got plans this evening... I still don't have a reply from BellaBella with her address, and I haven't finished getting all the stuff together to start off the box, but mark my words, it *will* go out this week!

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
Hi everyone,

I am sorry I have been absent. I have had some personal issues come up, and for the time being, I will be unable to participate :( Please forgive me. I am sooo bummed, but I am going back and forth between two homes at the moment, so I don't want anyone to wait for me to send them the package, or for it to be sitting in my mail and possibly get stolen.

Hopefully, the beauty box will be a success, and we can have one again, and I can participate providing you will all allow me to do so.

Again, ladies, especially fortworthgal, I hope you all will forgive me for my absence and holding up the progress of the beauty box.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
No problem at all Bella, thanks for letting us know. Totally understandable! Sorry you can't participate, but hopefully we'll have a next round & you'll be up for it then. I hope everything works out for you!

I'm going to to update the list and will re-post in a second...

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Updated rotation list

Okay ladies, here's the updated list. I removed Bella, and also added myself further down the rotation so I can actually participate instead of just sending off the box.

Fortworthgal (TX, US) <--- starting the box off
Tatum (FL, US)
Crwitt (ME, US)
Land-O-LakesGal (Minnesota, US)
Lady Day (CA, US)
Bluebird Marsha (TN, US)
Fortworthgal (TX, US)
Zombi (US, will ship to Canada)
C-Dot (Canada)
Olive bleu (Canada)

Tatum, you're up!!! I'll PM you for your address. I hope to have the box in the mail tomorrow or Friday!

Last edited:

Tatum

Practically Family
Off to sit patiently by the mailbox :)

Oh, and if it takes an extra day to get to me, apologies to everyone. I have a mail lady who absolutely refuses to get out of her truck, so if I don't happen to intercept her the day it comes (which I will try to do) I might have to pick it up at the post office the next day!

But hopefully the box will fit in my extra large mailbox ;)

Last edited:

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
And, we're off!!!

The box is in my car this morning and will be on the way to Tatum at lunch today.

2qtedn8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner