Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

The Official Stetson 25 Thread

Anyone snag this light blue Twenty-Five this past week? It was 7-1/2 and I was sorely tempted.

724311398459rA.JPG

12172998459rA.JPG

M Hatman

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anyone snag this light blue Twenty-Five this past week? It was 7-1/2 and I was sorely tempted.

724311398459rA.JPG

12172998459rA.JPG
Yes....I am curious too...l also was sorely tempted.....but was not sure I could deal with the light blue:eek:......kept saying to myself ..."is it REALLY light blue??"....over and over....trying to convince myself to bid on it.....
M;)

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
I picked up a 25 a couple of weeks ago on ebay. It was a size 7 with a toasted SB, so I didn't have a problem sizing it up to a 1/4 with a new SB and bow. The ribbon was slightly stained so I decided to replace it as well. I love this hat. It seemed a little stiff and "cardboardy" when I got it. But a little steam and it softened up very nicely. Great hat.
DSCN0319.JPG DSCN0320.JPG DSCN0322.JPG DSCN0323.JPG DSCN0317.JPG DSCN0326.JPG DSCN0327.JPG

What would you guys guess for a date on this hat? - The seller says it's 50's vintage but I think it might be newer. Thoughts?

View attachment 176889 View attachment 176888
By mid - late 1960's but still pre Metric tag they changed to the new Twenty-five logo & embossing, black sweats (maybe on all 25's) & the new liner. Looks like this one was right in the middle of those changes. I also think the blocking changed so make sure it's to your liking.

IMG_2543.JPG

IMG_2569.JPG

J Williams

Practically Family
By mid - late 1960's but still pre Metric tag they changed to the new Twenty-five logo & embossing, black sweats (maybe on all 25's) & the new liner. Looks like this one was right in the middle of those changes. I also think the blocking changed so make sure it's to your liking.

Thanks Jack, I saw this hat of yours on a previous post, it's a beauty. So the images I posted is the new twenty five logo? Is yours around the same time period? and how do you like it? I'm on a bit of a buying spree here so I might pass this one up unless it's a really special hat.

Thanks Jack, I saw this hat of yours on a previous post, it's a beauty. So the images I posted is the new twenty five logo? Is yours around the same time period? and how do you like it? I'm on a bit of a buying spree here so I might pass this one up unless it's a really special hat.
No the one you are looking at has the original logo embossing but the newer liner & black sweat. So it's no older that mid-late '60's but older than mine. Fruno has one of the nice older ones. Look for his pics.

Mine has a different blocking for an OR. It seems it might have had something to do with the "City" hat advertising just posted by Mark (M.Hatman). Plus the felt has a sponge-like feel to it, maybe it just needs a bath; not sure. I need to get it out & see if I can crease it more to my liking.

No the one you are looking at has the original logo embossing but the newer liner & black sweat. So it's no older that mid-late '60's but older than mine. Fruno has one of the nice older ones. Look for his pics.

Mine has a different blocking for an OR. It seems it might have had something to do with the "City" hat advertising just posted by Mark (M.Hatman). Plus the felt has a sponge-like feel to it, maybe it just needs a bath; not sure. I need to get it out & see if I can crease it more to my liking.
I put mine in the early 60s. It has a keyhole tag and brown sweat, but the newer Twenty-five logo, which is also in the liner tip. The older ones have the "medallion" logo, similar to the old 7X and 3X designations.

I had thought yours had the medallion.

Either way, I'm guessing post-65.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robieman

A-List Customer
Hey fellas, y'all discussing these 25's made me realize I had not posted mine on here. I think I may have put them on the New Hat thread or somewhere. I have 3 of them, with different markings. I will post them 1 at a time. Perhaps these will give some more info about these hats. I don't know exact ages on them, although the first one I'll post here, is the oldest going from the liner & sweat crests. All three have brown sweats, although one is really dark. Oh, and this one has the keyhole size tag, I just broke it off messin' with the hat!
25SWEAT.jpg BANDLOGO.jpg TIPLOGO.jpg TOP.JPG

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Hey fellas, y'all discussing these 25's made me realize I had not posted mine on here. I think I may have put them on the New Hat thread or somewhere. I have 3 of them, with different markings. I will post them 1 at a time. Perhaps these will give some more info about these hats. I don't know exact ages on them, although the first one I'll post here, is the oldest going from the liner & sweat crests. All three have brown sweats, although one is really dark. Oh, and this one has the keyhole size tag, I just broke it off messin' with the hat!
View attachment 177134 View attachment 177135 View attachment 177136 View attachment 177137
Robieman:
Very nice display. Could you compare the felts and finishes on the 3 some. Being 3 different era’s in one hand, it would be interesting your opinions.
First one is a killer!!
Thanks. Bowen

Robieman

A-List Customer
Robieman:
Very nice display. Could you compare the felts and finishes on the 3 some. Being 3 different era’s in one hand, it would be interesting your opinions.
First one is a killer!!
Thanks. Bowen
Getting ready to leave work in a few. When I get home, will do a little touchey-feeley with them and report back!! That first one is the softest to the touch, that I can say now.