Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Stetson 25 Thread

Anyone snag this light blue Twenty-Five this past week? It was 7-1/2 and I was sorely tempted.

724311398459rA.JPG

12172998459rA.JPG

Anyone snag this light blue Twenty-Five this past week? It was 7-1/2 and I was sorely tempted.

724311398459rA.JPG

12172998459rA.JPG
Yes....I am curious too...l also was sorely tempted.....but was not sure I could deal with the light blue:eek:......kept saying to myself ..."is it REALLY light blue??"....over and over....trying to convince myself to bid on it.....
M;)

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
I picked up a 25 a couple of weeks ago on ebay. It was a size 7 with a toasted SB, so I didn't have a problem sizing it up to a 1/4 with a new SB and bow. The ribbon was slightly stained so I decided to replace it as well. I love this hat. It seemed a little stiff and "cardboardy" when I got it. But a little steam and it softened up very nicely. Great hat.
DSCN0319.JPG DSCN0320.JPG DSCN0322.JPG DSCN0323.JPG DSCN0317.JPG DSCN0326.JPG DSCN0327.JPG

What would you guys guess for a date on this hat? - The seller says it's 50's vintage but I think it might be newer. Thoughts?

View attachment 176889 View attachment 176888
By mid - late 1960's but still pre Metric tag they changed to the new Twenty-five logo & embossing, black sweats (maybe on all 25's) & the new liner. Looks like this one was right in the middle of those changes. I also think the blocking changed so make sure it's to your liking.

IMG_2543.JPG

IMG_2569.JPG

J Williams

Practically Family
By mid - late 1960's but still pre Metric tag they changed to the new Twenty-five logo & embossing, black sweats (maybe on all 25's) & the new liner. Looks like this one was right in the middle of those changes. I also think the blocking changed so make sure it's to your liking.

Thanks Jack, I saw this hat of yours on a previous post, it's a beauty. So the images I posted is the new twenty five logo? Is yours around the same time period? and how do you like it? I'm on a bit of a buying spree here so I might pass this one up unless it's a really special hat.

Thanks Jack, I saw this hat of yours on a previous post, it's a beauty. So the images I posted is the new twenty five logo? Is yours around the same time period? and how do you like it? I'm on a bit of a buying spree here so I might pass this one up unless it's a really special hat.
No the one you are looking at has the original logo embossing but the newer liner & black sweat. So it's no older that mid-late '60's but older than mine. Fruno has one of the nice older ones. Look for his pics.

Mine has a different blocking for an OR. It seems it might have had something to do with the "City" hat advertising just posted by Mark (M.Hatman). Plus the felt has a sponge-like feel to it, maybe it just needs a bath; not sure. I need to get it out & see if I can crease it more to my liking.

No the one you are looking at has the original logo embossing but the newer liner & black sweat. So it's no older that mid-late '60's but older than mine. Fruno has one of the nice older ones. Look for his pics.

Mine has a different blocking for an OR. It seems it might have had something to do with the "City" hat advertising just posted by Mark (M.Hatman). Plus the felt has a sponge-like feel to it, maybe it just needs a bath; not sure. I need to get it out & see if I can crease it more to my liking.
I put mine in the early 60s. It has a keyhole tag and brown sweat, but the newer Twenty-five logo, which is also in the liner tip. The older ones have the "medallion" logo, similar to the old 7X and 3X designations.

I had thought yours had the medallion.

Either way, I'm guessing post-65.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robieman

A-List Customer
Hey fellas, y'all discussing these 25's made me realize I had not posted mine on here. I think I may have put them on the New Hat thread or somewhere. I have 3 of them, with different markings. I will post them 1 at a time. Perhaps these will give some more info about these hats. I don't know exact ages on them, although the first one I'll post here, is the oldest going from the liner & sweat crests. All three have brown sweats, although one is really dark. Oh, and this one has the keyhole size tag, I just broke it off messin' with the hat!
25SWEAT.jpg BANDLOGO.jpg TIPLOGO.jpg TOP.JPG

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Hey fellas, y'all discussing these 25's made me realize I had not posted mine on here. I think I may have put them on the New Hat thread or somewhere. I have 3 of them, with different markings. I will post them 1 at a time. Perhaps these will give some more info about these hats. I don't know exact ages on them, although the first one I'll post here, is the oldest going from the liner & sweat crests. All three have brown sweats, although one is really dark. Oh, and this one has the keyhole size tag, I just broke it off messin' with the hat!
View attachment 177134 View attachment 177135 View attachment 177136 View attachment 177137
Robieman:
Very nice display. Could you compare the felts and finishes on the 3 some. Being 3 different era’s in one hand, it would be interesting your opinions.
First one is a killer!!
Thanks. Bowen

Robieman

A-List Customer
Robieman:
Very nice display. Could you compare the felts and finishes on the 3 some. Being 3 different era’s in one hand, it would be interesting your opinions.
First one is a killer!!
Thanks. Bowen
Getting ready to leave work in a few. When I get home, will do a little touchey-feeley with them and report back!! That first one is the softest to the touch, that I can say now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider