Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
$123.50. I am done with bidding on hat patterns for a while. the most I ever paid was approx $55.00 for a late 30's hat pattern.

Are these type of patterns used by professional seamstresses? I can't see a pattern going for that much money unless someone was a professional. (Even then...) I am really curious as to what the buyers do with these?

If the patterns for hats are going for this kind of money, McCall (and the other companies) should re-publish them. I imagine they'd make a lot of money.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I'm not sure, I was wondering the same thing. I know people repro them, but it seems like a lot of money to spend even for that... but if someone did buy it to repro I'd love a copy! hehe.
Maybe just collectors. People go crazy on apron patterns, so maybe they go crazy on hats, too.
I was just thinking of all the real vintage hats I could buy for $400! Lol

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I had my eye on that hat pattern and this one that went for $412.77. They are both from the same seller.
$(KGrHqV,!lME2EO5unIGBNln6TCpMw~~0_3.JPG

This did NOT go for that price! I was watching it but took it out of my cue. Thats ridiculous. You can draft this pattern in your sleep so its not about the styles. I just wonder where this seller gets these patterns from because they have 2 or 3 more hat patterns up now.

Maybe just collectors. People go crazy on apron patterns, so maybe they go crazy on hats, too.

I think that might be it. Apron collectors are a breed I will never understand. I mean $250 for an APRON!? SO I guess hat patterns are the new apron?

ANd DPD, I was watching that 30s hat pattern, too. But it looked like a half baked loaf of bread so I passed.

LD

Last edited:

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I was watching both those hat patterns. It really is ridiculous. Hat patterns have always been a bit higher because they aren't as common, but come on!

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
Did anyone notice the gorgeous green 30's 40's cotton day dress on Ebay? Sadly it was already lost to me when I saw it go above $85 but I honestly never predicted it would go to $213!!!! I love it, but when I think of some of the gorgeous evening gowns I could buy with that price tag...I dunno!!! What do you gals think- worth the bucks?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380328587420&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I watched that! such a cute dress with that collar and button... it went way too high for me too, so I never bid on it :(

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Last edited:

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
There's a 30s jumper/pinafore that still has 4 days to go and is at over 50. My first bid on it was 9.99 this morning and it jumped every hour or so. I'm curious to see how high it goes but I'll draft my own version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR