Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture3-4.png

$29
That's a lot for a day dress.

LD

swinggal

One Too Many
Missed out on this by $1!!! Arrrg! I would have payed $50 for it as I have very few blouse patterns in my size and this one was beautiful. I was planning to make the 1st blouse in satin crepe. Booooo!!! :(

If anyone on the lounge won this I would be willing to pay for a copy.

db15521.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I've bid on this one every time it comes up on eBay, no matter what size. This is the first time I had seen it in a larger size. Did anyone here get it?
but4413a.jpg

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Oh that is a beauty! So sorry Lusty H!

Beautiful dress Drappa - but an eye-popping amount of dosh, (if money was no object, of course i would have snaffled it without a backward glance)!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
This pattern went for $51, which is somewhat reasonable for a size 44 pattern, but still out of my price range.
simp1235a.jpg

Liz Tregenza

New in Town
Drappa! I wasn't the winner of this dress BUT i do have a Horrockses in this print. You say it is quite famous, do you know anything more about it? I am a BIG Horrockses collector and it is always great to get to know more about any of the prints i own. Thanks!

Drappa

One Too Many
Drappa! I wasn't the winner of this dress BUT i do have a Horrockses in this print. You say it is quite famous, do you know anything more about it? I am a BIG Horrockses collector and it is always great to get to know more about any of the prints i own. Thanks!

Hello Liz!
I say famous meaning I have seen that dress in that print in books (in particular the Horrockses book) and it also came in powder blue if I am not mistaken? I can't recall which page it is on, I'll have a look later.

epr25

Practically Family
Both are ending tonight, but seem to have aroused bidding wars. The blue one is at $126.50 right now!
472757061_tp.jpg

This one actually has a hole and serious fraying, but is already over $70.
KGrHqYOKpME24S6wuQBNovdGNu0_3.jpg

I sold this dress. I can't imagine there are 2. Mine also had a small hole and some fraying around the belt hole area. Was this up for sale in the UK? That's where I sold it to.

Drappa

One Too Many
I sold this dress. I can't imagine there are 2. Mine also had a small hole and some fraying around the belt hole area. Was this up for sale in the UK? That's where I sold it to.
Sorry, just saw this. I have no idea if it was in the UK or not, it was a while ago. It's beautiful nonetheless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24