Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

*SeaStar*

New in Town
But what about that 30s apron that went for $240 about four months ago?

LD

$240 for an apron ??!!
I really wish the vintage can go back to what it used to be: Affordable!!! All these folks who are just riding along the vintage "trend" bandwagon are hiking up the prices on things!!

Louise Anne

Suspended
$240 for an apron ??!!
I really wish the vintage can go back to what it used to be: Affordable!!! All these folks who are just riding along the vintage "trend" bandwagon are hiking up the prices on things!!

I agree that sort of pushed me out of the original vintage market, prices have almost doubled over the last few years

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Doubled over the last few years? More like the last 6 months.

Case in point: I mentioned pattern booklets on my blog like 6 months ago as being the next big collecting thing, and lo and behold, they now go for 10 times what I used to pay. I could get a group of them, 10 or 20 for no more than $1 each. NOW people are selling them $20+ a piece! It's insane!

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Really?
I amassed quite a few for a fraction of what I pay now. Online, people would just skip over the listings and I could get 10, 15, 20 for $25-$30, if that much.
Now they are as much f not more than patterns themselves. *sigh*

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
True, those early and mid 30s McCall pattern booklets with their amazing graphic covers are quite delicious.
mccallbooklets.jpg

These are the ones I have and I think the one on the far left was the priciest one, at $6. Those days are gone!

LD

Last edited:

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
Ha, and I always think that the prices some people over here pay for pattern magazines are ridiculous. But compared to that they are a bargain :).

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
This one went for $83.75, which is not outrageous for a size 42 this beautiful. If it hadn't been so close to Christmas, I would have bid more.
6469364955_8fa52b6174_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana