Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Drappa

One Too Many
I am so sad about this. I am going to a wedding next month and was saving up for this and was going to sell one of my Horrockses to then be able to buy it, but it sold last night. Oh well.

484175441_o.jpg

484175561_o.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
They are not really that great, either. There are some good ones in there, but a 160+ lot of pattern for nearly $4 a pattern is pricy. Plus I think there was time left on that auction. I think the seller got an offer but I'm just gossiping now :)

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That skirt price is blowing my mind! That's it, I'm going to start a new feature on my blog, "You can draft that pattern yo'self!"
Its *gotta* be that tabbed feature in the back of the skirt that they are going gaga over, but thats common on mens undies patterns! Wow, I'll never get it.

LD

MarieAnne

Practically Family
That skirt price is blowing my mind! That's it, I'm going to start a new feature on my blog, "You can draft that pattern yo'self!"
Its *gotta* be that tabbed feature in the back of the skirt that they are going gaga over, but thats common on mens undies patterns! Wow, I'll never get it.

LD

I was just thinking that! For $152 you can purchase a book that will teach you to draft just about anything.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I managed to find and win another copy of that pinafore dress.
As for the 30's skirts, I think we're seeing the same thing happen to early pattern with the popularity of Boardwalk Empire that we saw with 50s/60s patterns at the start of MadMen. It's a great skirt and I was willing to go pretty high, but my highest bid was a third of what it went for. As for the apron, I think it will stay under $50. As a recovering apron pattern collector, I can tell you that the more collectable patterns tend to be 40's and 50's. Apron collectors like that whole June Cleaver thing.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
But what about that 30s apron that went for $240 about four months ago?

I have a 40s apron in that size that this 30s one is being offered. Its about the same style but a mail order. I think it will go reasonably high, but we shall see! :D

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo