Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

MarieAnne

Practically Family
The ones that 'will' get away...

An antique dealer is holding a sale tomorrow, 1 hour from my house. The website even mentions that there will be sewing supplies and notions. It's been on my calendar now for approximately two weeks and MY CAR BROKE DOWN YESTERDAY!!! It still drives but it over heats VERY easily so long treks are out of the question. I'm heartbroken. They're getting away...they're getting away:(

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Can you now talk anyone into lending you their car? I don't want you to miss the sale! When there's vintage at stake, you need to find a way! ;)

I've stopped showing my "lost items", it's too hard seeing their pictures :eek:

MarieAnne

Practically Family
I'm trying to find a way to get to the sale and nothing is coming to mind. Even though I know I'm a fantastic driver, I don't think anyone I know would feel comfortable lending me their car; especially for such a long trip. We'll see, maybe I'll find a way, maybe I won't. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
185513956_o.jpg

185514083_o.jpg

Vintage Edwardian Sewing Dress Making Book 1917

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270290095906

Lost it be like $2 cause I wasnt here to watch the auction. I thought my highest was high enough :(

LD

Sunny

One Too Many
Aww, Vanessa, that's lovely! I haven't really looked for furs, but there doesn't seem to be nearly as much black as other colors.

texasgirl, this is amazing. What a bummer!
texasgirl said:
This 3-in-1 clip- lost by $1
dsc00882.jpg

dsc00878.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
Ooh, that's gorgeous! I hate it when I have to pass on something because it's just a wee bit too small somewhere. :(

Aurora

One of the Regulars
These are about to get away, in 12/13 hours as the seller won't post to the UK!! :rage: They're only $7.99, and my size, and oh yes, I will be crying about these for the next few days - I want them so bad!!

pants.jpg

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aurora said:
These are about to get away, in 12/13 hours as the seller won't post to the UK!! :rage: They're only $7.99, and my size, and oh yes, I will be crying about these for the next few days - I want them so bad!!

pants.jpg

I bet an FLer in the US would be willing to buy them on your behalf. They're cheap!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Aurora said:

pants.jpg

Here's a way around that particular problem!

If you are seeking to buy something in the US but they won't ship abroad set up an account here:

www.myus.com

They will set up a US address for you and ship it to you - you pay a fee but it's worth it!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
I just had a look at myus.com, but you have to pay them by credit card (if I've read it right), and I don't have a credit card.
I did ask the seller if I could bid then have them sent to an address in the US (my Mama has a friend in Arizona), but no reply!
I'll just have to make my own :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace