Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
MarieAnne said:
What's a sniper? Is that when you bid at the last second? I tried to do that, several times in fact. And everytime I put in a bid, it was matched instantly.

It is a program that submits your bid for you at the last minute. You put in your max bid and it submits it for you seconds before the auction end. You don't have to worry about clicking refresh a million times, continuing to enter higher and higher bids, or even being in front of your computer. You can still lose auctions, but you'll always lose if someone else had a higher max bid than you, which is what it sounds like in your case.

I'm not sure where, exactly, but there's a lot of discussion about sniping programs here on FL. I use esnipe and have always been pleased with it.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
KittyT said:
It is a program that submits your bid for you at the last minute. You put in your max bid and it submits it for you seconds before the auction end. You don't have to worry about clicking refresh a million times, continuing to enter higher and higher bids, or even being in front of your computer. You can still lose auctions, but you'll always lose if someone else had a higher max bid than you, which is what it sounds like in your case.

I'm not sure where, exactly, but there's a lot of discussion about sniping programs here on FL. I use esnipe and have always been pleased with it.

Oh really....I had no idea.....the possibilities!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
KittyT said:

I have got to get that program!
You have no idea.. how many times that has happened to me and I was soo upset.. I thought E-bay was messing with me!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
LelaViavonie said:
I have got to get that program!
You have no idea.. how many times that has happened to me and I was soo upset.. I thought E-bay was messing with me!

There are tons of sniper programs online and it's all web-based.

www.esnipe.com. There are many others that people use as well.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
The auction finishes in an hour, but it's hit my max bid and I can't afford to go any higher. As hubby says, right now, I have more time than money. We have another couple of months before it gets really cold, so I have time to look for something in my price range or time to save up my pennies.
9d9f_1.JPG

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a 20s version, very like it!

l_2acb4e6d48b2ea7ad78136556f3d4d36.jpg

You know it takes me forever to send anything.. but someday this will be lendable...
I still owe Lady Day a pattern...

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sounds like fun!
Now that I am done job hunting (YAY) I can get back to sewing! Hope to make some stuff for Fall.
I don't have to dress up for the new job at all, so all my efforts can go toward period clothes. And if I want to dress up that way for work, it's cool. Or I can work in my sweats. No one will eve see me, except the guardian Rottweiler...

Josephine

One Too Many
I lost out on another Pendleton. I had decided I liked the colors (very fall/wintery), but in the end I didn't want to go as high as the other person did, though it was only (to my knowledge) about $5.00 more. Ah well...

I think I'll start an eBay search for Pendleton 49ers so I won't miss any future ones.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
epr25 said:
Hey that was my green suit outfit! Sorry you missed it I would have loved for it to have gone to a fellow lounger.
Thanks. I really loved that. It was green and it's rare to find wiggle dresses that are large enough in the hips yest mall enough in the waist. You had some great stuff. I'll have to add you to my favorites.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
sliphalf068.jpg
sliphalf070.jpg

Aw poo. This would have been a great starting point for making my perfect girdle :rolleyes:

It only went for a price just shy of $16 but I didnt want to pay that much AND I got sniped.

LD

Sickofitcindy

One of the Regulars
Lady Day

Hi Lady Day,

I'm the happy winner of this pattern. I'd be happy to make you a copy after Nov. 1, as I'm pretty tied up with a sewing contest on pattern review. I totally thought of you when I bid on this one!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Squeee!!!! Thank you so much! :)

painting.jpg

This has two days left and is already up to $70! Its a 46" bust lol WHATEVER!!

The thing is, I think bidders are responding to this little photoshop colorization the seller did. Pretty smart of the seller.

LD

Sunny

One Too Many
1930s knit suits.

The green one, long sleeve, for $92.07. Barely outbid. :(

163374465_o.jpg

Rose pink with velvet bows, gold and maroon bakelite buckle, and matching slip. $102.50. :(

0c80_1.jpg

And a 1930s opera coat: black velvet trimmed with rabbit, long sleeves, and very long overall (58"). Somebody sprung for the Buy It Now of $199. :eek: :(

opera2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL