Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I knew these were going to be expensive, they are rare and do not pop up on eBay that often... But I didn't think they'd be this expensive! Is this really the going price on bandeaus right now?

$402
284243437_o.jpg

$382
283849659_o.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
I just paid $12 (almost the purchase price) for a shipment of buttons. I contacted the seller like 5 times asking for a re-quote on the shipping, because they were sending it without the shoe box they were stored in, and they are charging me the same price, parcel post! :rage:

Those buttons better be packaged in 6 ft of bubble wrap when they get to me.

LD

I'm currently watching a pattern that has a shipping rate of $8.15. I really like the dress but just can't bring myself to support someone who's trying to make money this way. The opening bid is $0.99 so it feels like the seller is trying to get around the system.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Lady Day said:
Im sure this was worth it :rolleyes:
But it started with an opening bid of $48. It went for $52 and change.

30s_pat.jpg
30s_pat2.jpg

LD

WOW. There's not may patterns I'd be willing to pay that much for, but that would be one. Amazingly beautiful.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Laura Chase said:
I knew these were going to be expensive, they are rare and do not pop up on eBay that often... But I didn't think they'd be this expensive! Is this really the going price on bandeaus right now?

$402
284243437_o.jpg

$382
283849659_o.jpg

:eek: tell me they are real diamonds at least

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Im moving and i just wasnt there to watch these. No biggie I suppose, just adding to the pile.

Picture2.png

Lost this by 50¢. It went for a bit over $18

Picture3.png

Lost these by 20¢. Im a bit bummed by it, as they only went for $18

Picture4.png

This is one reason why I dont get eBay a lot of the time. These, there is nothing special about them, but they went for $50! lol My max was $11, which is what they should have gone for anyway. The ones that went for $18, yeah, I could have seen those going MUCH higher. Oh well.

Aw well, more money in my pocket, I 'spose.

LD

cecil

A-List Customer
Miss Sis said:
Thing is, when it is something as small and light as a slip or blouse, I know full well that the USPO don't charge, say, $24 to ship to the UK, as I have bought plenty from the US in the past. I don't mind that someone has to pay for an envelope or so and add that. It might cost about $12 for all that.

I always sweetly ask them before I bid if they find the cost is much lower than quoted, will they refund me the difference? Usually sellers are nice enough to say yes, then if I win I get a much lower cost. But it IS off putting to see the high price in the listing and I'm sure many people feel the same as me and don't bid.

This is what I should do next time. I was charged $26 dollars to ship a hat to Australia recently. I know the the USA is a big country and shipping rates can vary depending on which end of the country you're in but that's nearly twice the average, and I've bought a fair few hats!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I was watching these turn of the century buttons and usually they never go for much because they are so small. Well...

Picture1.png

These went for $43

Picture2-1.png

And these went for $37

One set was plastic, the other glass.

Aw poo.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy