Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Miss Sis

One Too Many
The same seller as the blouse above had this skirt pattern that I really wanted. I saw it on the pattern archive and was so excited when it came up, but others had more cash than me.....:cry:

McCallsskirtpattern1936.jpg

analiebe

A-List Customer
SayCici said:
I have this, I can't wait to make it! It's reproduction, though.

lucky lady! its so cute... i'll get myself together once i've finished a wedding dress commission i'm working on & get scanning my patterns - perhaps we'll be able to do a swap cici:)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow.

Lady Day said:
It was an interesting pattern, not really my style, but I would have gotten it for its collectible value, which Im sure it is.

Id never seen green pattern pieces before, or a 'Style Pattern'. The seller covered (on purpose) the pattern pieces diagram on the back of the pattern envelope, so you couldnt see how the top fits together! The tool. :rage:

Does anyone have any history info on that pattern/company? Id be very interested.

LD
A truly gorgeous pattern.
If you are interested in one, and they don't show the back, could you get them to scan the envelope (pretending you're going to bid)? After all, would you buy it is there were a big stain covering th eback info, or missing envelope bits? Well, yes, you (and I) probably would... but they don't knwo that!
What a truly awesome pattern it is. Incredible.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
163 pounds or 259 dollars...precisely my measurements, but not when it comes to budget, I didn't even get to bid... worth every penny...it broke my heart!
ho1_792772_large.jpg

Vanessa

One Too Many
:(

Lost this because I wasn't paying attention when it ended & got outbid.

!BcEL,ggBmk~$(KGrHqYH-DQEqu28duiOBKy38bTGqw~~_12.JPG

Yes, those are knitting needles through the crown.

Sadness.

Inky

One Too Many
Vanessa said:
:(

Lost this because I wasn't paying attention when it ended & got outbid.

!BcEL,ggBmk~$(KGrHqYH-DQEqu28duiOBKy38bTGqw~~_12.JPG

Yes, those are knitting needles through the crown.

Sadness.

oh my! i feel your sadness from here - i don't even like hats much, but knitting needles in the crown - oh yes! I hope whoever won it enjoys it immensely - it's fantastic!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I felt confident, arrogant almost, that I was going to win these. I had a high max (not as high as I would have been willing to go, but pretty high), so I went to sleep. Imagine my hurt when I checked and I didnt win. Got beat out by $2. I felt they would go for $150 to $170.

11 30s-early 40s patterns all over 42" bust AND a SLEEVE pattern!

Picture6.png

Picture7.png

Picture8.png

So I combed through the listing to lament my loss and realized the listed patterns were so much like the ones I already have! Sleeves as well! So much so that I began to wonder why I wanted these so much. Then I was relieved I didnt win them. So happy me, money to spend somewhere else!

:D
LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner