Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture13.png

I forgot to watch it, sold for less than $10.

LD

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Lady Day said:
An original of the famed Eva Dress copy.

$52.59

LD

You know, as much as I do love originals, why in the hell would someone spend over 50 bucks for this, when a copy is readily available for 15 bucks? You could used the rest toward fabric! [huh]
It's a senseless world.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Arnt we the forum of advocates for originals?

If I were a pattern collector, and I wanted the original purely for its collective value, sure, I could see it.

If I were a seamstress, and I just wanted it for its super cuteness to make into an outfit, no contest Id go for the reissue. :)

SayCici, I saw the other one listed too ;)

LD

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Lady Day said:
Arnt we the forum of advocates for originals?

If I were a pattern collector, and I wanted the original purely for its collective value, sure, I could see it.

If I were a seamstress, and I just wanted it for its super cuteness to make into an outfit, no contest Id go for the reissue. :)

SayCici, I saw the other one listed too ;)

LD

True, true....but it makes me sad that people would collect them just to put them in lonely dark boxes, never to be made into pretty things.....:p

SayCici

Practically Family
Vanessa said:
They pop up quite often. I wouldn't pay over $20 for it (and it would have to be the right size for that amount, too).
Oh, good to know! I'm obsessed with hoods and I haven't been seeing many patterns with them!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
This one went for $48. I was bidding specifically for the coat. It's sooo cute, I can hardly stand it but I can't afford $48 for a pattern in addition to the fabric and notions, which usually run a little higher than dress fabrics.
298622268_tp.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
I wanted these, mainly for the guy smoking on the card, but I couldnt tell if these were real vintage or some sort of vintage looking kind of brand. The $1.43 price on the card makes me think they are more 70s vintage.

LD, just caught this on the ART Nouveau buttons but they also had a copyright symbol on the card.

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
This pains me, but I found 2 of the absolute best vintage photo albums at a flea market this weekend, but left them because of the price. I had second thoughts, went back, and of course they had sold. I cannot tell you how wonderful some of the photos were. This one will haunt me for a very long time!

Bettie Booh

Familiar Face
I had to let these go, they are too small :( I've been looking for cheap saddle shoes for a while now,and these is just $42, seems reasonable for shoes.

88089819_1.jpg

Also found these brogue sneakers, the same size, also too small, for $21.

88083416_1.jpg

zendy

A-List Customer
those saddle shoes are identical to the ones a few of us have from Payless. They are $17 with free shipping to a local store. Here

Bettie Booh said:
I had to let these go, they are too small :( I've been looking for cheap saddle shoes for a while now,and these is just $42, seems reasonable for shoes.

88089819_1.jpg

Bettie Booh

Familiar Face
zendy said:
those saddle shoes are identical to the ones a few of us have from Payless. They are $17 with free shipping to a local store. Here

Yes, I know, but I dont know whether to order from the US, its always such a fuss because I haven't got a credit card, and the shipping. And if I got it right, they dont deliver outside the US?[huh]

PS

A-List Customer
Had to run out for medicine and lost out...

300199740_o.jpg

If someone here got it and it doesn't work out please let me know.
In reality its much to large but could very easily be altered down.:(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley