Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
$47?!
WHATEVER!!!!!

Picture5-1.png

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture5-2.png

I wanted these, mainly for the guy smoking on the card, but I couldnt tell if these were real vintage or some sort of vintage looking kind of brand. The $1.43 price on the card makes me think they are more 70s vintage.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wanted this purely for the dude smoking on the card. Everything else in the lot is crap, sans the orange Hollywood buttons. But I wasnt paying $15 + $3 shipping for one card.

LD

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
$47?!
WHATEVER!!!!!

Picture5-1.png

LD

All right, LD, please explain this to me like I'm a 3-year old. :D

In counting the cards and buttons, $47 doesn't seem like a bad price. Yes, some of the cards aren't filled and some cards are not in great condition, but I count over 20 cards. Why isn't $47 a good price?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
lol

1) It is a lot of exclusively Mother of Pearl, the most common button you can find.
2) Most of them are very tiny.
3) Way too many duplicates in the lot.
4) the visible conditions of the cards are only good to fair.
5) There is only one MOP card with real good colored buttons (and the purpled one at the bottom).
6) Only half the lot has desirable graphics (I wanted the dude smoking on the middle left card) Like the nurse bunch, but the two men at the bottom, I trip over those cards all the time.
6) No real exotic shaped buttons either (and not a lot of bottom shank buttons).

The only real gems are the nursing cards, and the two lower center 20s cards. I could see paying 15-$20 for them alone. Distant second would be the upper left 20s cards (pale blue cards), but even those are fairly common. Everything else I wouldnt go above 30¢ a card.

But thats me :rolleyes:
LD

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
lol

1) It is a lot of exclusively Mother of Pearl, the most common button you can find.
2) Most of them are very tiny.
3) Way too many duplicates in the lot.
4) the visible conditions of the cards are only good to fair.
5) There is only one MOP card with real good colored buttons (and the purpled one at the bottom).
6) Only half the lot has desirable graphics (I wanted the dude smoking on the middle left card) Like the nurse bunch, but the two men at the bottom, I trip over those cards all the time.
6) No real exotic shaped buttons either (and not a lot of bottom shank buttons).

The only real gems are the nursing cards, and the two lower center 20s cards. I could see paying 15-$20 for them alone. Distant second would be the upper left 20s cards (pale blue cards), but even those are fairly common. Everything else I wouldnt go above 30¢ a card.

But thats me :rolleyes:
LD

Okey dokey. Thanks for teaching me. ;)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Wanted this purely for the dude smoking on the card. Everything else in the lot is crap, sans the orange Hollywood buttons. But I wasnt paying $15 + $3 shipping for one card.

LD[/QUOTE]
Those orange buttons are amazing.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture5-3.png
Picture9.png

$175 lol
I KNEW this was going over $100 when I saw the listing and it was at $65 four days ago!
Its incredible (I mean an asymmetrical apron WITH cuffs!) but an obscenely simple pattern.

Apron collectors out there: Whats the deal? Why are aprons so sought after?

LD

fuzzylizzie

One of the Regulars
Lady Day said:
Picture5-3.png
Picture9.png

$175 lol
I KNEW this was going over $100 when I saw the listing and it was at $65 four days ago!
Its incredible (I mean an asymmetrical apron WITH cuffs!) but an obscenely simple pattern.

LD

I'm not sure, but that is just insane! It is a really unusual one, but still???

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Lauren you are so on the button there, I think that saving the pictures is exactly what anyone with any sense will be doing!
Oh well, as they say "each to their own" and I hope that whomever has won the pattern REALLY loves it when it arrives! ;) lol

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
From what I can see, apron patterns appear to be a good first step into vintage patterns for someone used to modern patterns. They are also good for someone who is new to sewing. So, ya got your modern sewers who have never sewn with vintage and your vintage lifestylers who have never sewn. Also, there seems to be a big group of sewers who don't wear vintage because it's costumey but will wear vintage aprons because they are only worn in the house or can be used with funky/modern novelty prints and not look totally vintage.

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
Hands down to the winner of these items!

I thought this was really cute, but I was outbid and I forced myself to stay away from the computer lol lol

CherryDress_101.jpg

I knew I couldn't touch this one...it ended at $134.50

Vintage40sPolkaDotDress.jpg

Detroit News Mail Order Sunbathing Pattern and it was in my size! My highest bid was $15.00 and it ended at $15.50 :rage:

DetroitNews_101.jpg
DetroitNews_102.jpg

Lorena B

Practically Family
cassylynn said:
Hands down to the winner of these items!

I thought this was really cute, but I was outbid and I forced myself to stay away from the computer lol lol

CherryDress_101.jpg

OMG, this is as cute as a button!!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
kamikat said:
From what I can see, apron patterns appear to be a good first step into vintage patterns for someone used to modern patterns. They are also good for someone who is new to sewing. So, ya got your modern sewers who have never sewn with vintage and your vintage lifestylers who have never sewn. Also, there seems to be a big group of sewers who don't wear vintage because it's costumey but will wear vintage aprons because they are only worn in the house or can be used with funky/modern novelty prints and not look totally vintage.

Really?
Is see so many vintage aprons online, and they always get bid on. I dont know...Is there a sub-collecting junket of just vintage pattern collectors?

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot