Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture11.png

$26.25
I almost bid. It would have gone well with my '35 Girl Scout Handbook :)

LD

analiebe

A-List Customer
i could just WEEP... i've had my eye on this all week, had saved up the cash and then got caught up in blog writing, forgot the time and missed the auction end by FOUR mins... only 2 other bids - it could've, would've, should've been mine... i feel SICK

BdvW0wQCGkKGrHqQOKjgEq45QlW7BK6N-JR.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Analieb...that is just tragic. I read about it early this morning but was getting ready for work and had no time to reply. I felt sick for you. Let's think positive...something better is coming your way. ;)

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
analiebe said:
i could just WEEP... i've had my eye on this all week, had saved up the cash and then got caught up in blog writing, forgot the time and missed the auction end by FOUR mins... only 2 other bids - it could've, would've, should've been mine... i feel SICK

I'm so sorry you missed out on that - what a beautiful dining set.

analiebe

A-List Customer
lovely ladies - thank you for your condolences... i could possibly need even more support in dealing with my loss... perhaps we should all pour ourselves a stiff drink and raise our glasses "to those that got away"... cheers!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
jetgirl said:
I've been looking for this pattern too. It's so cool. There's another flower pattern thats fantastic as well, from the same era.
I saw this pattern when I was browsing ebay today. it's beautiful and seems to show up a good amount.
Lady Day, I have a copy of this and you may have it if you like. I don't know how good a copy it is and I just don't think I'll use it.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
deadpandiva said:
I saw this pattern when I was browsing ebay today. it's beautiful and seems to show up a good amount.
Lady Day, I have a copy of this and you may have it if you like. I don't know how good a copy it is and I just don't think I'll use it.

THANK YOU!!! :D
Id love a copy!!!

Ill PM you!

LD

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
:eek:fftopic: Sort of...

So, this one isn't getting away, I'm letting it go. Maybe my thinking is wrong because I'm a newbie but this was just strange. I saw an item that could be purchased instantly. I asked a question of the seller and they replied later that evening, answered my question and said it was being relisted as an auction with a lower starting bid. Now, I could have run back and tried to purchase it before they changed it, but I kinda wanted to think it over and if it went to auction, then my fault for hesitating.

This am, it's on auction but also still has a purchase now price...which is $30 higher than it had been! [huh] I just hate it when supply/demand, capitolism and free enterprise work against me! lol

I'm gonna tell myself the hips were too small anyway! ;)

cecil

A-List Customer
23SkidooWithYou said:
This am, it's on auction but also still has a purchase now price...which is $30 higher than it had been! [huh] I just hate it when supply/demand, capitolism and free enterprise work against me! lol

:mad: That's so annoying! Grrrr GRRRR.

23SkidooWithYou said:
:eek:fftopic: Sort of...

So, this one isn't getting away, I'm letting it go. Maybe my thinking is wrong because I'm a newbie but this was just strange. I saw an item that could be purchased instantly. I asked a question of the seller and they replied later that evening, answered my question and said it was being relisted as an auction with a lower starting bid. Now, I could have run back and tried to purchase it before they changed it, but I kinda wanted to think it over and if it went to auction, then my fault for hesitating.

I'm gonna tell myself the hips were too small anyway! ;)

pssst...those hips were way too small, girl! ;)

SayCici

Practically Family
deadpandiva said:
Okay ladies, this is like the bazillionth time I've seen you guys talk about a pattern you were all watching and I don't remember seeing it at all! Is there a category I'm looking over?! :( I really love View 1 and all of the ruffley ones.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
SayCici said:
Okay ladies, this is like the bazillionth time I've seen you guys talk about a pattern you were all watching and I don't remember seeing it at all! Is there a category I'm looking over?! :( I really love View 1 and all of the ruffley ones.

We all have our searching secrets........I'll never share mine. :) Mwhahahahahahahaa!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I search by decade 193* etc... For companies that are no longer making patterns (dubarry, Pictorial Review) I search by name. I search for pattterns pretty much on a daily basis also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112