Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

SayCici

Practically Family
Haha oh I check daily as well, especially for 30s patterns. I guess my problem is I always search within the sewing pattern category? Do some people not use that or something?

cecil

A-List Customer
SayCici said:
Haha oh I check daily as well, especially for 30s patterns. I guess my problem is I always search within the sewing pattern category? Do some people not use that or something?

I usually search all of ebay for everything. I'll browse categories too, but because some people list things in unexpected places I generally search the lot.

SayCici

Practically Family
I'm sitting here, waiting for Daddy Warbucks to adopt me so I can splurge on these patterns (instead of letting them get away):

151_pd2024622_1.jpg

I love this. It feels very Peter Pan/Robin Hood to me.. which would probably scare sensible people away, but not me.

151_pd2024615_1.jpg

Yes please.

151_pd1993378_1.jpg

Really love the blouse and the whole outfit on the right. :(

I think I might allow myself one of these with the reasoning that if you can get the pattern and the fabric for less than the real thing would cost, it's a good deal.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
SayCici said:
I think I might allow myself one of these with the reasoning that if you can get the pattern and the fabric for less than the real thing would cost, it's a good deal.

Excellent logic! :) I also adhere to the policy that I have to slap the table in excitment when I first see the pattern before I can buy it. :) I also refuse to grade up too much, so the pattern has to be within my size range...these tools help me stay within the realm of reason....sort of.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
SayCici said:

This one is splendid.
Vie for the one that is the most versatile, that way you can stretch the purchase price into countless outfits. Thats one reason I get so many generic patterns, I save my major investments for those details I *need* a pattern for. :)

LD

SayCici

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
Vie for the one that is the most versatile, that way you can stretch the purchase price into countless outfits. Thats one reason I get so many generic patterns, I save my major investments for those details I *need* a pattern for. :)

LD
You're totally right! That one is one of my uber-favorites, the most versatile of the three, and the least expensive!

MissAmelina, haha, I like your rules! I really have to love something to buy it as well, and the sizing is extra important because I know if I have to mess around with the pattern to get the fit, I probably won't do it, and thus it'll never get made and was a waste of money.

Blondie

Practically Family
analiebe said:
i could just WEEP... i've had my eye on this all week, had saved up the cash and then got caught up in blog writing, forgot the time and missed the auction end by FOUR mins... only 2 other bids - it could've, would've, should've been mine... i feel SICK

BdvW0wQCGkKGrHqQOKjgEq45QlW7BK6N-JR.jpg
My experience is this ~ if we don't get something it only means that something better is around the corner, i know for years i wanted The Fredericks of Hollywood book and always got outbid or it was too expensive ,
then one morning i was strolling to work in Paddington in Sydney, and looked in the window of a second hand store and there it was, i waited until they opened and went inside and asked how much it was, it was $5. I was happy.
This has happened so many times, i get outbid on Ebay only to find the same thing at a flea market at a way better price, i see something that i love but is too expensive only to find it elsewhere at a cheaper price. I have my eye on something on Ebay and then forget to bid, then it turns up at a yard sale. It may take a while but it always turns up somewhere and if you wait long enough it will always find you.

I know this is no consolation for you, but trust me on this one, my beautiful
Analeibe, yours too will show up at the right price, right colour and best condition when you least expect it !!!!

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
SayCici said:
Baww, all the ones I posted have sold. Fml.

Oh poo. Those were nice. I could look for patterns all day. COuldn't someone just gather everything I might like in my size and post them in one place?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Aw Cici, so they really did get away :(

Picture1.png

$23! All over 40 bust. I was gonna bid, but i just didnt care for the designs! They are fairly blah.

LD

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
OK, just like Cici, this pattern got away this morning when I didn't look at it for a couple of hours. Oh well. I'm looking for a pattern like this; puff sleeves, darts, convertible collar, the unusual placket is a bonus. I found this picture on flickr by google.

444021231_8cab2fcf9a.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
jetgirl said:
OK, just like Cici, this pattern got away this morning when I didn't look at it for a couple of hours. Oh well. I'm looking for a pattern like this; puff sleeves, darts, convertible collar, the unusual placket is a bonus. I found this picture on flickr by google.

444021231_8cab2fcf9a.jpg
Luckily for you, I actually have that pattern in a size 34 bust if you're interested in borrowing it or something. PM me! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112