Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I just love this sweater, but it is sold, unfortunately. $125 dollars, yikes.

18321.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
!Bi9wRh!!mk~$(KGrHqIH-DoEs823W9L+BLRib3kLWg~~_35.JPG

I knew I wasn't going to win this and couldn't really afford to win it but I love this pattern. Maybe it ill turn up again when I have more money.

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
haunted

Im hoping you might be able to help me with this one ladies, I tried on this black crepe wiggle dress at a vintage fair a few months ago and its been haunting me since. It fit perfectly around the waist, and actually made me look like i have a waist!! They were asking a lot for the dress, too much. So now I want to make the dress and I'm looking for a pattern, perhaps you gals may know of a vintage wiggle pattern like this? I've searched a fair bit, I may have to draft a pattern myself...dun dun dun...
Autum%2009%20032.jpg

you'll have to excuse my strange expression in this, I was in a lobby with lots of ppl walking by!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Rent is good :)

I could see if it were some collectors pattern, a special something or other, but its a 30s suit pattern, and they are in ample supply. The size isnt even that big a deal, so its just a price gouge.

I still think that crazy evening gown pattern that sold for $300+ a month or so ago still has something to do with this crazy pricing. Going on. There are so many BINs that are $50, $60, even $80 for a simply pattern! Its insane!

Hold out Kami, or check WoodlandFarms, they may have a good substitute :)

LD

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
That is a lovely pattern Kamikat and I agree with what everyone else has said. I have been watching a 1930's Hat Pattern with a high BIN price and it has been relisted twice already.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Y'all are right. It's not "THE ONE". I'll watch it just to see what happens. Woodland does have a couple that I've been looking at. It's just that I'd have to get 2 different patterns to get a similar blouse and skirt that this has in one pattern. It would only be worth it if it was a larger size. I don't grade for $45.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Jeez, every time I feel like I want to start buying patterns again, I take a look at this thread and get a nice wet whop of reality. Maybe all the patterns being made into novelty handbags are driving the prices up. The day hasn't dawned when I'll pay more than $15 for one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana