Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
UGH! This only went for $15.50!
Picture041-4.jpg
Picture037-3.jpg
I don't mean to remind you of your loss, but oh my how I love your taste! <3

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Lauren said:
mccall7356.jpg

I had a snipe bid on this, but I woke up this morning to found it went for $66. Man.
I had a snipe bid on this too. I was hoping a fellow lounger would win. I am a little relieved that I lost as my max bid was $55.00

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture7-2.png

Id been waiting for a 30s hat pattern in a 23" head for years. Saved up for this one the whole week.
Lost it by $3 :cry:
It went for $107. As crazy as it sounds, I would have paid that. I think Im gonna go cry.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I was gonna make each hat like ten times in every color I could think of :D then repo the pattern. *sigh* I had all these plans!

I KNEW I shoulda bid higher!

LD

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
Picture7-2.png

Id been waiting for a 30s hat pattern in a 23" head for years. Saved up for this one the whole week.
Lost it by $3 :cry:
It went for $107. As crazy as it sounds, I would have paid that. I think Im gonna go cry.

LD

PatternMaster has a program called WildThings Vintage and there are a few hats similar to the ones in this pattern. You should check it out, it's only 40USD. You can download the demo, http://www.wildginger.com/Products/default.htm

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
Laura Chase said:
I was looking at all these things but they were too expensive, and now they are gone.

Playsuit:
DSCN6016-1.jpg

Early Swirl:
DSCN1933-1.jpg

Another Swirl, I liked the sleeves:
DSCN4819.jpg

Woweeeeeee they are ALL divine, particularly the early swirl, hard luck Laura!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
This lot went for $24.93. It's not that much but I really only wanted the one of the left so I couldn't justify paying more for something I didn't want.
NYPtrn620-693-A.jpg

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I was outbid on a set of 4 Mervin clips that went for $46. I'm trying to really think about my spending, so I couldn't justify spending that much on hair products.

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
kamikat said:
I was outbid on a set of 4 Mervin clips that went for $46. I'm trying to really think about my spending, so I couldn't justify spending that much on hair products.

I dig ya, Kamikat!

I've gotten some great items and some that I could have lived without that were at the expense of the items I need most...like foundations and shoes for the garments I do have.

I'm thinking about hopping on the "no spender bender" wagon with Inky and Miss B. I'm just not sure I can do it!

Hey girlfriend...What are ya doing for March??? LOL ;)
I could use a NSB Buddy!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
23SkidooWithYou said:
I dig ya, Kamikat!

I've gotten some great items and some that I could have lived without that were at the expense of the items I need most...like foundations and shoes for the garments I do have.

I'm thinking about hopping on the "no spender bender" wagon with Inky and Miss B. I'm just not sure I can do it!

Hey girlfriend...What are ya doing for March??? LOL ;)
I could use a NSB Buddy!
I'm trying to do the NSB for Feb, but it's actually turned into more like a "think about your spending" Feb. I've bought lots of stuff I've been putting off because I've been spending frivolously, like replacing old make-up, practical shoes instead of 4in heels that I'll only wear once, a bolt of muslin so I can test all my patterns and use up fabric I already have. March will be a true NSB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo