Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Inky

One Too Many
kamikat said:
I'm trying to do the NSB for Feb, but it's actually turned into more like a "think about your spending" Feb. I've bought lots of stuff I've been putting off because I've been spending frivolously, like replacing old make-up, practical shoes instead of 4in heels that I'll only wear once, a bolt of muslin so I can test all my patterns and use up fabric I already have. March will be a true NSB.

23Skiddoo--please do join in NSB because like Kamikat says, it's more about paying attention to what you buy than actually not spending, at least it is for me. I have been doing a NSB in some form or another since Blondie and I started this waaaay back in October 2009. It's really made me think about what I buy, why I buy it, do I need it, etc.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
kamikat said:
This lot went for $24.93. It's not that much but I really only wanted the one of the left so I couldn't justify paying more for something I didn't want.

Aw, Im sure you could have put the one on the right in classies. I totally would have taken it off your hands.

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Aw, Im sure you could have put the one on the right in classies. I totally would have taken it off your hands.

LD
I was kinda hoping someone here got the lot and I could make a deal with her. I didn't want to keep driving the price up in a bidding war.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I just missed this one. It wasn't too high, but the last minute bidding was fast and furious and I was sniped.
a243a.jpg

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
Kamikat,

I was watching that one! I thought the nurses uniform was too cool so I saved it and just now watched it go down. It was $9.99 for days then Vroom! It just took off!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Here's another one I missed. I haven't been good at not bidding, but I am being good about keeping my bids low. I could have gone higher for this, since it's the largest beach pajama pattern I've seen. If the winner is here, I hope she'll let me copy it.
a248a.jpg

D

Deleted member 12480

kamikat said:
I'm trying to do the NSB for Feb, but it's actually turned into more like a "think about your spending" Feb. I've bought lots of stuff I've been putting off because I've been spending frivolously, like replacing old make-up, practical shoes instead of 4in heels that I'll only wear once, a bolt of muslin so I can test all my patterns and use up fabric I already have. March will be a true NSB.

What is the NSB thing?

Inky

One Too Many
deleteduser said:
What is the NSB thing?

It's a little something we call the "No Spender Bender." Basically, a couple of us felt that we were spending too much money on frivolous, unnecessary things. So back in October, Blondie and I decided to try not spending any money on anything we didn't need for the month. We also got three "free passes" in case something came up, or there was a steal of a deal on something on our wish list or just whatever. they were optional. We also decided to sell at least five items from our closet/home. we had a good time and really for me it helped me learn a ton about my own shopping habits.

Others have joined in and it's just a good way to focus on your spending - more info here:

http://inkyknits.blogspot.com/2010/01/open-invitation-to-join-no-spender.html

I wonder if we should start a thread for it...hmmmm.....

D

Deleted member 12480

Inky said:
I wonder if we should start a thread for it...hmmmm.....

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!

i'd totally join in!
i get around 100 pound a month and i have no idea where it goes!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
kamikat said:
Here's another one I missed. I haven't been good at not bidding, but I am being good about keeping my bids low. I could have gone higher for this, since it's the largest beach pajama pattern I've seen. If the winner is here, I hope she'll let me copy it.
a248a.jpg
I'm sorry you didn't win that pattern it's really lovely.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:
a248a.jpg
What size was that one? I have it in a size 20.

D

Deleted member 12480

Jennifer Lynn said:
I really like this dress (loved everything about it), but the price was getting up there. :(

40sDress.jpg

gosh, that is STUNNING.

that sucks, i feel for you :(

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kamikat said:

::Ahem:: Peeks in. *Remember me?*

:eek:fftopic: I'm probably going to do a Vintage Betty Blowout Sale soon in the Classifieds: $5, $10 and $15 items. Trying to clear out space for the new baby.

You may want to delay that decision...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture1-2.png

$76 lol
It was listed on Blue Gardenia, and I emailed seeing if the price was negotiable. I got a very firm, "We dont negotiate our prices. Its not fair to our regulars. Sorry." I kept thinking, how would they know?

I wouldnt have asked if I didint think the price was so outrageous. Apparently it sold [huh] Guess they are just out of my league.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot