Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

None

Orvil,

My San Antonio is a dead ringer for my two Stetson ORs, crown height/brim width are exact, but they are all different colors. I haven't heard of the "Dalworth", though I know Resistol made a "Fort Worth". In your photo the hat appears to be a light to medium brown, not what I'd call silverbelly. Was it the lighting?

Anyway, nice hat.

Robin

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
GentlemanFarmer said:
Orvil,

My San Antonio is a dead ringer for my two Stetson ORs, crown height/brim width are exact, but they are all different colors. I haven't heard of the "Dalworth", though I know Resistol made a "Fort Worth". In your photo the hat appears to be a light to medium brown, not what I'd call silverbelly. Was it the lighting?

Anyway, nice hat.

Robin

The label inside the sweat band quite clearly says Style: Dalworth. Ah well, what's in a name, eh?

As for the color, the photo I posted looks, on my monitor at least, exactly correct but the auction photos on ebay were a bit confusing. The hat is a beautiful, to my eye, light fawn color.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
Stetson 7x Clear Beaver

2530647773_63e1f00fc9.jpg

Lefty -- I don't know what inspired that particular bash for your 7X, but check out the cowpoke on the left in this 1948 Stetson ad...;)

1948StetsonAd.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Duck

Practically Family
jimmy the lid said:
Lefty -- I don't know what inspired that particular bash for your 7X, but check out the cowpoke on the left in this 1948 Stetson ad...;)

1948StetsonAd.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
After giving it a more typical fedora bash, I shaped the hat on my head - no kidding. I guess I have that 40s western feel right in my fingers.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
'tis a thing of beauty!...love them OR's....Saw one in an antique store the other day, 7 3/8, name brand of Rothschild I believe in silver belly. Thought about buying it, but it's way to small for me....:D

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Colby Jack said:
'tis a thing of beauty!...love them OR's....Saw one in an antique store the other day, 7 3/8, name brand of Rothschild I believe in silver belly. Thought about buying it, but it's way to small for me....:D

How much did they want for it? I don't have a Rothschild. I'll offer a finder's fee to the Colby Jack Fund for Wildlife... or Wild Life.

XPLSV

One of the Regulars
1st Wearing

Got the Royal Deluxe Open Road (posted earlier) rebashed enough for the first day of wear...both for me and, I believe, the hat! The cattleman's crease on this one did not prove as stubborn as the one on the Twenty-Five...I'm still working on that one. I still want to smooth out the curves on the bash on this one some more...

or1st.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'll start by staying that I ended up taking my Worth Walden beaver custom open road out to MT instead of my Wards cowboy which I had been intending.

Anyway...

I found it interesting how out there everyone I talked to referred to it as a fedora (as it should be), while out here in MD, it's mistaken for a cowboy hat all the time. I also thought it was cool how when people complimented me on it, it was usually, "hey, kid, nice open road", instead of just, "nice hat".

They sure know their lids out there.

Justdog

Practically Family
OR 25

Recently recieved a 25 in org box with LO tag attached and 25 dollar sticker.
No store embossing on sweatband. Reeded band with wind tie. Inside the box was the slip of paper reading Inspected by #11 If it is necessary to return any hats from this lot please return this slip with merchandise to: John B Stetson Company PHILA.22, PA.. Does this help date the item? This particular hat has the classic bash( That would be the cattleman crease). Have another 25 but it is not bashed in the classic OR form. When the hats were sold blocked was a stiffener applied? My unblocked 25 seams to have an original pinch and center dent and is not as stiff as the blocked OR. Is this blocking easy to remove? Were individuals able to just pick an unblocked model and then personalize it before it had stiffiner applied? What was used for stiffiner? Definately a difference in the stiffness of my several OR hats. Any thoughts anwers? Thanks

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Some of my older photos were in a now apparently dead flickr account. I'm going to try to rebuild. This is the earliest post on this thread that will allow me to edit. The next few posts are about the bash in my 7x vs. one posted by Carter in another thread.

I've since sold my 3x, so I won't post that one. It's just not mine to post anymore.
Here's my 25
stetson251.jpg

stetson252.jpg

stetson253.jpg

stetson254.jpg

stetson255.jpg

stetson256.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
I think I've solved the mystery of what to call the curiously bash in put into my 7x. Thanks to the guy who bumped the "hat creases" thread today, or I never would have found it.

Here's mine:
2530647773_63e1f00fc9.jpg

2530650209_12bb1773f0.jpg

I guess it can't be too strange, if there are multiple names for it.
Kinda looks like a "delta wing" from the top.:D The F117 crease!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21