Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Faux Paws?
2d07_1.JPG

carter

I'll Lock Up
:eek: If approached by an assailant wearing those I would immediately assume a Faux Pause to lure them into a false sense of superiority before I ran screaming like a girl into the night. ;) :)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
:eek: If approached by an assailant wearing those I would immediately assume a Faux Pause to lure them into a false sense of superiority before I ran screaming like a girl into the night. ;) :)

And then you'd run into the arms of a stranger and call him "Daddy" -- which would make him your Faux Pa...

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Unless he then threw you toward the person wearing the bear paws, in order to protect himself, thus making himself the foe pa.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
carouselvic said:

Top left OR 25 top right OR Royal De Luxe
Bottom left 3X Round Gold Medallion Bottom right 3X Last Drop (re-blocked)

Nice ORs! Do either of those top two lids have a blue tint going, or is that just my computer screen?

Cheers,
JtL

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Nice ORs! Do either of those top two lids have a blue tint going, or is that just my computer screen?

Cheers,
JtL

Jimmy the hat in top right is a gray, but it does have a light blue hue in certain light. Your very astute. Victor

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
I have a stetson 100 with the original carrying case. It was given to me by the grandson of the original owner, a U.S. Senator. It has a spot on it but is in otherwise perfect condition. I have always been afraid to send it to get cleaned as I have been dissapointed with almost every hat I have done. What is the recomendation of the crew here.
Tom

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Step 1 - post a photo. We love that. Is the senator's name embossed on the sweat?
Step 2 - wait.

After that, some of the guys who know a lot about cleaning will either give you a great DIY method or will tell you to send it to Optimo.

Justdog

Practically Family
Cleaned and Blocked

bigshoe said:
I have a stetson 100 with the original carrying case. It was given to me by the grandson of the original owner, a U.S. Senator. It has a spot on it but is in otherwise perfect condition. I have always been afraid to send it to get cleaned as I have been dissapointed with almost every hat I have done. What is the recomendation of the crew here.
Tom
Just had mine cleaned and blocked Stet one Hundred not OR. Turned out great. It is well worth it. Pics:)

bigshoe said:
IIt has a spot on it but is in otherwise perfect condition. I have always been afraid to send it to get cleaned. Tom
The type of spot is what will determine what the best cleaning proceedure is going to be. Any idea as to what it is that got on the hat?

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
The Senator's name was embossed on it but my freind cut it out in case I ever wanted to sell it. You canstill se some of it. I will take some pics in the morning. I don't know what the spot is, it was on the hat when I got it.
Tom

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
PabloElFlamenco said:
This is my official application for membership of this highly esteemed guild! For the sake of clarity, my new (and best) hat is a Stetson 20 Sovereign, said to date back to the fifties, but I think rather more like anything from 1970 to 1990 (?). It's a beautiful hat, I particularly like to leave it in its original "western" bash.
BTW, the sympathetic feller next to me is Zappa, half St.Bernard, half Husky. The hairs he sheds could easily make felt!

img3518kl6.jpg

Correction! This is NOT an Open Road! It is a cowboy hat! I retract my membership application. I hope my respectability has not been endangered by my youthful enthusiasm at wishing to join this respectful guild... Later, I shall try again with ...another hat lol

warbird

One Too Many
PabloElFlamenco said:
Correction! This is NOT an Open Road! It is a cowboy hat! I retract my membership application. I hope my respectability has not been endangered by my youthful enthusiasm at wishing to join this respectful guild... Later, I shall try again with ...another hat lol

You can still be a member of the brotherhood of the thin ribbon :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points