Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
My Stetson 25 & Stetson 100 are both dead ringers for Open Roads but don't say Open Road so they don't qualify. [huh]

They absolutely do qualify -- and Stetson national advertising proves it...;)

Cheers,
JtL

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Both the twenty-five and 100 can be an Open Road, but they can be other models as well. The 1952 Miller Stock-man shows The Century(100) with or without a bound edge.

Dogface

New in Town
Spats McGee said:
What if it said Open Road, but the lettering came off when you put Lexol on the sweat? That's what happened to mine, and I can still (barely) make out the Open Road on the sweat. Do I still get to me a member?

Geeze...with snotty rules like that who cares ? :rolleyes:

Chinaski

One Too Many
Hey, c'mon Mark, this is serious hat business. You start lowering standards and pretty soon someone is trying to join the club with their purple Kangol. I'm just sayin'...:)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
I have seen a Stetson Open Road that also said Twenty Five but not sure I have seen a 100 that said Open Road as well.
[huh]

And I very much doubt that anyone ever will -- an Open Road that cost $100 was called a Stetson 100. ;) [I'll post more on this in the next day or two].

Cheers,
JtL

Dogface

New in Town
Chinaski said:
Hey, c'mon Mark, this is serious hat business. You start lowering standards and pretty soon someone is trying to join the club with their purple Kangol. I'm just sayin'...:)

OK...yeah I see your smiley, but you guys take yourselves WAY too seriously here. C'mon, get real. Maybe I need to just cancel my FL membership and go somewhere else. FWIW, most of this web forum is fulla guys who are way to vain to be believed. Just sayin ..:) And I know you won't miss me either....

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Dogface said:
OK...yeah I see your smiley, but you guys take yourselves WAY too seriously here. C'mon, get real. Maybe I need to just cancel my FL membership and go somewhere else. FWIW, most of this web forum is fulla guys who are way to vain to be believed. Just sayin ..:) And I know you won't miss me either....
whatever :D

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Dogface said:

Us? Serious?

Chinaski

One Too Many
Dogface said:

Just for the record, I do not own a hat that admits me to the Open Road Guild. And I believe it's all in fun. There's a "club" for lots of different hats of many different levels of quality. You could actually start one for purple Kangols and others would join in on the FUN! That's what it's about.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Vain....?

spit-take.gif
[/IMG]

Dogface said:
If you think we are serious or vain at all, then you haven't been really paying attention & need to lighten up. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you...

From post Number one to Remind everyone:

To those that achieve this great quest is bestowed title of "Open Road Guild Member." Keep sending those pictures!

And non Stetson facsimiles such as the Dobbs Westward and the Mallory Dallas will be considered as Honorary members since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner