Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Twenty Five Open Road

I couldn't resist this OR when I saw it on eBay. It looked to be in really nice condition and I don't recall having seen this grey/blue colour felt before.

The seller gave it a really wide time period, from the 40's to the 60's. I think the latter is the closest - I think it is a similar age to the one Alan sold in the Classifieds recently, with the more modern liner.

When the hat arrived, it was everything the seller had claimed - very nice condition (just a few little marks on the felt) and looked as though it had been worn very little, if at all.

My first Open Road. Is it a keeper? Hmm, time will tell. As much as I think the colour is really cool, I'm not sure it is one I could wear a lot.

D335328-L.jpg
D335329-L.jpg
D335333-L.jpg
D335336-L.jpg

HatsEnough

Banned
That is a beaut, DJH. Color is wonderful.
I have one more OR I want to get. I want an OR with the "Last Drop" logo in embroidery in the crown. After that, I think I'll be donw with ORs.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Teaser....

b3424f5a.jpg

4e0aaffe.jpg

That has to be the Ultimate Open Road, Michaelshane!

Hey guys, thanks for the comments on the Blue/Grey Twenty Five.

Such is the speed of the on-line world, I'm no longer the owner of this hat. I'm pretty certain it will grace our small part of the Internet again in the near future though.

HatsEnough

Banned
Shese, some people are just so overly sensitive with the all caps yelling.

I had an email in to an ebay seller asking for the size of a hat and they wrote back thanking me for my info on where to find the size tag and that it was a size in my size range. It was a nice email written in the normal style (i.e. not in all caps).

Here is what I wrote that ebay seller in return after getting an idea of what size it was...

"Cool, that hat is my size, then. Would you take a buy it now for $60?"

Here is the response I got suddenly all in caps and seemingly upset at me...

"NO THERE IS A LOT OF INTREST 38 LOOKER AND 15 ON WISHLIST AT THIS TIME THIS HAT LOOKS NEW NOT WORN "

Boy... OK.... stop YELLING at me! Sheese!

LOL

randooch

I'll Lock Up
shese, some people are just so overly sensitive with the all caps yelling.

I had an email in to an ebay seller asking for the size of a hat and they wrote back thanking me for my info on where to find the size tag and that it was a size in my size range. It was a nice email written in the normal style (i.e. Not in all caps).

Here is what i wrote that ebay seller in return after getting an idea of what size it was...

"cool, that hat is my size, then. Would you take a buy it now for $60?"

here is the response i got suddenly all in caps and seemingly upset at me...

"no there is a lot of intrest 38 looker and 15 on wishlist at this time this hat looks new not worn "

boy... Ok.... Stop yelling at me! Sheese!

Lol

what's a wishlist?

(huh, that was supposed to appear in all caps . . .)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters