Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Open Road Guild

James Pressley

New in Town
I have a old Stetson Open Road that belonged to my grandfather. I got it cleaned up and have worn it some. However I really would like to have it shaped and cleaned professionally and also a new ribbon put on it.

Can someone recommend somebody to do this? And would you please post some pics of your OR's so I could get an idea as to how to have it shaped???

I have a old Stetson Open Road that belonged to my grandfather. I got it cleaned up and have worn it some. However I really would like to have it shaped and cleaned professionally and also a new ribbon put on it.

Can someone recommend somebody to do this? And would you please post some pics of your OR's so I could get an idea as to how to have it shaped???

I have 2 vintage Open Roads that I have sent off to Optimo Hatters for renovation = new sweat, liner, ribbons & professionally cleaned.
some of my ORs...
25OR2.jpg

40OR2.jpg

OR4.jpg

p1010002-1.jpg

Blooze

Familiar Face
First vintage hat.
Don't guess it's that old, but $11.99 for a boxed Open Road I wasn't passing up. No moth bites, just dirty as all get out and raggedy looking. The sweat is in excellent shape, but the liner looks a bit shabby, but appears to be stitched in. You can't really tell from the pics too well, but the whole thing needs a good cleaning probably beyond what I can give it. I'll be going thru Fort Worth in a couple of days so I might drop it off at Peters Bros. The ribbon was definitely changed as you can see the shadow of the previous one at the bow. Any guess as to it's age? The other stamp is just the standard J.B. Stetson 3X one with the square border. There is a 900964 on the backside of the sweat right behind the 3X stamp. The sweat color is most like the last pic, FWIW.

DSC8037a-L.jpg

DSC8038a-L.jpg

DSC8039a-L.jpg

DSC8041a-M.jpg

DSC8040a-M.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner