Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Other Open Roads.....

is that a bone color or a light grey? never know with lighting

Hard to tell with images and Stetson didn't really name their colors that way outside of silverbelly and black. Different colors and designations in different eras as well. I have a 50's RD OR that's called Sky Gray that's as gray as worn pavement in some light and almost sky blue in others. Educated guessing and a roll of the dice at best when ordering a custom, w/o picking out your own felt of course. You've said it yourself, you, I and others see color differently.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Not sure of the criteria to make the Master list but here is my Shudde Bros. to hold the spot!

SH1.jpg SH2.jpg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
This one is a blank slate, Greg. I'll post pics in a few days. It has the Shudde Bros crest with 3 top hats under the cellophane in the crown, Shudde Bros Houston gold stamp on the brown sweat, and the sweat butts together with a piece of fabric tape on the inside holding it together and a standard white bow on the outside. The only other mark is a "R. C. and Co Leathers with the chamois colored back" stamp on the back of the sweat. That's it unless there is something burried way underneath the liner somewhere.

Nice representative. Anything in the guts to indicate a model, Randy?

rclark

Call Me a Cab

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Resistol. No model name anywhere. It does say Byers Rolnick on liner. Local department store in small town. Anyone recognize era or anything?
It is a rich light to medium gray color.
View attachment 171966
View attachment 171967
View attachment 171968
View attachment 171970
View attachment 171971 View attachment 171969
Beautiful hat and color! I think mid sixties is a safe bet. I have a Dalworth with the same liner, sweat and dimensions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points