Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Palm Beach suit thread

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Rover said:
Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the compliments- definitely got some beef from my amigos for wearing a boater haha

Keep it up with the boater! We'll bring 'em back yet.

Boater2.jpg

Dagwood

Practically Family
Orgetorix said:
Keep it up with the boater! We'll bring 'em back yet.

Ray and Orgetorix:

Seeing how great both of you look, I may have to go out and get me a boater. :)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Young man, you're an inspiration. Very tres tres.
One question: So what's the difference between a boater and a skimmer? Brim width? Or are they essentially the same thing? And has anyone organized a project yet to collect all the cheap styrofoam skimmers in the world and melt them down?

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Thank you very much, sir! I believe they are essentially the same thing, except a skimmer is known for having a 3" brim and a boater is 2 1/2" (more manageable for most faces)....or is it the other way around?

Jovan, I'm jailbait for ya, buddy. Maybe in a few months :p :eusa_doh: (or not...)

Jovan

Suspended
Mr. Rover said:
Thank you very much, sir! I believe they are essentially the same thing, except a skimmer is known for having a 3" brim and a boater is 2 1/2" (more manageable for most faces)....or is it the other way around?

Jovan, I'm jailbait for ya, buddy. Maybe in a few months :p :eusa_doh: (or not...)
Where I live, the law is 16 years old with anyone up to 24. ;)

I used to not like boaters, but you guys show they can be worn with class.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Ok, I know this is an oldy, moldy thread, but no one ever mentioned if Oxyclean would work on wool. I have some light weight wool Hollywood slacks that just look a little dingy, the inside lined parts are a little dirty, and also a very light stain at the top of the zipper. Can I use it? Should I just use Woolite?

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
After a little more digging I found that you do not want to use Oxyclean or "Woolite" on wool (go figure). It was suggested to soak in Fels Naptha soap in cold water in the tub, let drip dry, and then press.

I guess I answered my own question, but if anyone has anything else to add feel free. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points