Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Palm Beach suit thread

carter

I'll Lock Up
I'd like to see this in grey herringbone linen
pbjacketdbxx1.jpg

and this in off-white linen
1930palmbeachsuitbs5.jpg

I'm not sure about the patch pockets but that's a matter of personal preference.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I like the lapels of the first one but I really like the cut and overall appearance of the last one you added on to the group. It has that classic stylish look. Put patch pockets on the last one and you have my dream suit (don't forget an action back ;) ).

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Palm Beach Dinner Jacket and Cleaning

I have a couple of questions on a Palm Beach Dinner Jacket I just picked up. It in that ellusive DB shawl collar that Bogart had in Casablanca. It seems just the ticket for warm Hawaiian evenings.

(1) Is it a "real" Palm Beach jacket? Here are photos of the labels, and if so from about when?

pbdb6.jpg

360791241.jpg

pbdbmain.jpg

(2) What is the best way to clean it? Dry cleaners or the "oxyclean soak'?

Thanks!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Chasseur said:
(1) Is it a "real" Palm Beach jacket? Here are photos of the labels, and if so from about when?
If the label mentions Goodall-Sanford, it's real. They sold the label in the late 50's, so it precedes that period. Maybe late 40's. [huh]

Chasseur said:
(2) What is the best way to clean it? Dry cleaners or the "oxyclean soak'?
Take it to the best dry cleaners in your area. They are usually the establishments which have a plant on the premises.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for all the information. Its in terrific shape and not really dirty (just a few spots), it just needs a clean and a press.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
It's a '49 union tag, so very late '40s or early '50s would be my guess. There is a very informative thread floating around somewhere about this style of dinner jacket.

Nice find.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I'm very happy with the jacket! Unfortunately thats not my tie, its one of the seller's photos. I've actually been looking for a nice vintage 1940s blue tie like that...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wear it in good health!!! "Who's looking at 'you' kid..!"

Definitely has 'that' Bogie/Casablanca look to it!! (I got one last year and love it. Just need the right climate now!).

WHITETUX003-1.jpg

casablanca-3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy