Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The people I've met from the Lounge.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Well put, Doran.
I, too, have enjoyed meeting the Loungers that I have met. I look forward to meeting many more and seeing some again sometime (that would include you).

Sincerely,
the Wolf

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
It's great fun to meet up with other loungers.
First of all because writing is one thing - talking is even better.
Secondly because you meet somebody, who become friends.

I've had the pleasure of meeting up with several swedish/danish loungers and even Smithy - the Kiwi from Norway.

First Speedster, Hammelby and I had a few cocktails and beers in a cosy bar iin Copenhagen (The Plaza Hotel)

Later on I had the great pleasure of having lunch with the totally beautifull girls Shrinking Violet, Darhling, Tess Trueheart, Cherry lips, Mary and Laura Chase.

And last but not least: Smithy and I managed to meet up when he - and his lovely "wingwoman" - was on their way from Norway to Australia via Copenhagen and London.
We had some great days with lots of Battle of Britain stuf and appropiate pints of Spitfire Ale.
Days I still remember with great joy.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Spitfire said:
And last but not least: Smithy and I managed to meet up when he - and his lovely "wingwoman" - was on their way from Norway to Australia via Copenhagen and London.
We had some great days with lots of Battle of Britain stuf and appropiate pints of Spitfire Ale.
Days I still remember with great joy.

Me too Soren.

We had an absolute hoot of a time with you and Dorthe in KBH and I look forward to having a few ales when you get Down Under. It was a very great pleasure and you're a great mate.

That's the really great thing about the FL in my opinion, meeting new people with similar interests and making genuine friends out of the place.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Lady DAY and Kawaii Mamma!!

You both were such a joy to meet! Wonderful , sweet, beautiful ladies! Wonderful shoppers!!! (soo loving my Kimono.. thanks to you)

Lady Day.. Thank you soo much for showing us around!! Cant Wait for Long Beach!!

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lincsong said:
It's a holiday, they're all home drunk by then. How about Trader Vic's in Emeryville??

I'd prefer something closer to home. How about Jupiter? It's near the bar where we all met last time in Berkeley. But it has both a dark wood interior plus an outside with fire pit and stunningly good pizzas.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I have had the pleasure of meeting a number of Loungers at living history events. Besides my friends Retrogirl1941, MPicciotto, Mr K.L. Bowers, TeeKay44, Prien and my brother RdKryton, I have had the pleasure (and I do mean that!) of meeting Mr. Bern, Shearer, Cherry Bombb, Zemke Fan, Jedburgh OSS, Penny Seranade and Cowboy76. Oddly enough, I have yet to meet Mary Deluxe, who live a stone's throw (relatively speaking) from me. One person I think I'd really enjoy meeting is my fellow WONK threadcaster, Carter.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Just promise not to start another Akubra thread!

KilroyCD said:
I have had the pleasure of meeting a number of Loungers at living history events. Besides my friends Retrogirl1941, MPicciotto, Mr K.L. Bowers, TeeKay44, Prien and my brother RdKryton, I have had the pleasure (and I do mean that!) of meeting Mr. Bern, Shearer, Cherry Bombb, Zemke Fan, Penny Seranade and Cowboy76. Oddly enough, I have yet to meet Mary Deluxe, who live a stone's throw (relatively speaking) from me. One person I think I'd really enjoy meeting is my fellow WONK threadcaster, Carter.

KilroyCD, I'd really enjoy meeting you as well as the rest of the WONKers. Maybe we'll make it happen somewhere in mid-America someday. ;) :)

I changed my avatar just for Doran [until Nov 5].

Dr Doran

Nice avatar, Carter.

As oral hygiene is a great concern of mine, I have decided to promote it with my new avatar. This is, after all, Oral Hygiene Appreciation Month in at least one country in the world (though not this one).

Linc, 2181 Shattuck is where Jupiter is.

Are you really packing heat to visit the city of Berkeley? Were you packing heat last time I saw you in Berkeley? 'Cause I thought you were just happy to see me.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I make sure I'm well defended when I venture into certain locales.:D I can make that day, any time you're available. What kind of pizza do you like? You're not a vegetarian right????

Dr Doran

Lincsong said:
I make sure I'm well defended when I venture into certain locales.:D I can make that day, any time you're available. What kind of pizza do you like? You're not a vegetarian right????

Only if cows, pigs, and sheep are vegetables

Brooksie

One Too Many
Thank you for the wonderful post and thanks for including me in it. Anytime you come to Portland you always draw a crowd, looking forward to more future functions where you are able to meet up with me and the rest of the Portland crowd.

Brooksie

surely

A-List Customer
Jee whiz Doran, my feelings (ego?) are hurt that you didn't mention me specifically with those with whom you've had disagreements. :eek:

Nice sentiments, nicely expressed. Reminiscent of journals written by those making the grand tour in the 19th century. But surely you must of had some unpleasant experiences,

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Doran - I just went back an re-read you first post, and realized that you and I had had arguments....?[huh]
I do not even recall what it was, but - hey - that does not only prove that we have more in common than stuff that seperates us. Not only between you and me - but I think it goes for all of us here.
We may come from different parts of the world, different cultures and different backgrounds and age - but we can get along!
Because we want to get along.
Like the irish says: A friend is a stranger you have not met yet.

Dr Doran

Mr. Surely, the wife and I will be delighted to meet you when we come to BC. Yes, we'll have a toke with you (or two). I only didn't mention you because I thought you weren't around anymore. It is nice to see you back.

Spitfire, I thought (but maybe it's a figment) we had a disagreement about something once. Something about swastikas.

Brooksie, what can I say. You, my dear, are a class act. I very much look forward to seeing you, MK, Cliff, Anon', MissMelly, Zaika, and others next time I am up. i always have a ball with you all. I'd love to see Matt Cackle and Travis again, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner