Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Photography Of Seimon Pugh Jones

Two Gun Bob

One of the Regulars
Credit where credit's due, old bean ;)

I haven't got that book, I'll have to check it out. I do have Alan Whicker's book and 'Cameramen at War' which I think you may have, both highly recommended by me.

Stuart

Eyemo said:
Cheques in the post Mate..LOL!!. Kinds words Smudger! Thanks.

BTW, Have you got a copy of the new book "Ink and Images" Uniforms and Insignia of War Correspondents and War Photographers?..

Excellent book!
Kind regards,
Seimon

Eyemo

Practically Family
"Armed with Cameras" is also a very good one..

"Inks and Images" and I quote " Is a brief look into the lives of War Photographers and War Correspondents".. A mix of great reference material and personal accounts...Right up your street I think Stuart...
ISBN 978 0 9558767 0 7
Keith Hartwell.
Big Catz Limited.

:)

Eyemo

Practically Family
Three More from Seimon Pugh-Jones

Enjoy.. One pics a bit graphic though..hope it does'nt offend..

224.jpg

115.jpg

212.jpg

Eyemo

Practically Family
Cheers Bud!.. I will take on your suggestion when I do this kind of thing again..:cool2:

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Seimon, these are truly fantastic! I am completely blown away. Very impressive that you don't use photoshop too...it's absolutely not needed. Except possibly the second shot above - I don't think men back then had stretched earlobes! But talk about a miniscule point in an amazing set of shots. More please!

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Fletch said:
Whoaaaa! I take it back then. That's an A for effort!!! :eusa_clap

Just try not to be so $%!!%! NEAT next time...imagine you're the guy who paints the noses and jackets for the nearest air base or something.

Remember, back in the day- before die-cut, computer generated, self adhesive vinyl..? Remember when there were sign painters(sign writers)..?

They were good.

B
T

Eyemo

Practically Family
Ok you lot...two more.. Thanks Guys.. you are top people!
Hell River
095.jpg

Morning sun

050.jpg

RIOT

Practically Family
Beautiful! I would love to see more of your Nam series, like Hell River, if you have em.

Eyemo

Practically Family
Riot, I'll be posting a lot more Nam stuff on our new website..Dug this one out for you!..
Cheers,
Seimon

097.jpg

Eyemo

Practically Family
BTW, Jacket is the Eastman 352nd Edition.:)

Ah Rhodri..(thought he'd get the girls interested)He's a Welsh TV presenter..great Guy and top mate.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
BellyTank said:
Remember, back in the day- before die-cut, computer generated, self adhesive vinyl..? Remember when there were sign painters(sign writers)..?

They were good.
That is one trade I would like to learn...I've always had shaky hands and never learned to handle a brush. But the sign men had long brushes with big rubber bulbs to brace against one's chest and prevent any such emergencies.

Besides, each era had its own look in sign painting, just as it did in printed matter and typography. All that is now mostly lost. It is only lore in the trade, seldom ever put into re-creations, movies or tv.

I would do sign painting and letterpress work, another thing I've always appreciated.

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Eyemo said:
BTW, Jacket is the Eastman 352nd Edition.:)

Ah Rhodri..(thought he'd get the girls interested)He's a Welsh TV presenter..great Guy and top mate.
Whoa... there is a Rhodri Meilir who was on "MY Family" and did an episode of Doctor Who. Is this him??

Eyemo

Practically Family
Lulu-in-Ny said:
Whoa... there is a Rhodri Meilir who was on "MY Family" and did an episode of Doctor Who. Is this him??

No, that's not him,But I do know of the Guy you mean.... My Mate Tony got killed by the (Dr Who) Ood (Spelling?) Tough Guy, it took two to get him!!..LOL!

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Eyemo said:
No, that's not him,But I do know of the Guy you mean.... My Mate Tony got killed by the (Dr Who) Ood (Spelling?) Tough Guy, it took two to get him!!..LOL!
Ah well... worth a shot.
Very cool to be an extra on Doctor Who- even if an Ood gets ya...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari