Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE PIN UP THREAD FOR ALL!!!!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
You might not know it - but there is a Pin Up thread in the Powder Room, where men are not asked to speak up - or maybe even to look...:eek: :eek: [huh] (There, I said it!!!!)
But strictly between me and you: There are some fantastic pictures of the gordious ladies of the Lounge. We men are just not allowed to give these ladies and their pictures the applause and credit they deserve.

So I suggest, that all you ladies - who feels like it (it's a free country) posts your gordious pictures here too. So we can ALL enjoy them and :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :cool: :cheers1: :eusa_booh :whistling

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Spitfire said:
You might not know it - but there is a Pin Up thread in the Powder Room, where men are not asked to speak up....

No one is asked to speak up, we have asked that men not comment on content in that thread.

Spitfire said:
But strictly between me and you: There are some fantastic pictures of the gordious ladies of the Lounge. We men are just not allowed to give these ladies and their pictures the applause and credit they deserve.

The ladies get plenty of applause, and judging by the viewer count, the rest of the Lounge knows whats going on as well :)

Spitfire said:
So I suggest, that all you ladies - who feels like it (it's a free country) posts your gordious pictures here too. So we can ALL enjoy them and :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :cool: :cheers1: :eusa_booh :whistling

And the whistling and hooing is one thing we wanted to avoid from the start. Remember the thread Paisley linked to above?

LD

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
My dear Lady Day.
I do not go for whisteling and hooing either - I only think that some of the the ladies involved, would like to know, what we (the men) feel.
(Why do they do them anyway?)
If they don't, they can stick to posting in the Powder Room.
Really very simple - and with all respect.:)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss Kitty, its not about a lack of being broad minded at all. It took a lot of work to get that thread into being. :)

Spitfire said:
I do not go for whisteling and hooing either - I only think that some of the the ladies involved, would like to know, what we (the men) feel.
(Why do they do them anyway?)
Well, there is the assumption: 'Women only make pin up pics just for men.'
All Im saying is that co-ed threads of this nature have been tried here, twice. And both times they have gone sour.

Of course its not up to me, its up to the ladies who wish to post here. I would just hope three times the charm.

LD

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
I may be assisting in the opening of a can of worms here...

My brief and limited foray into the Pin-Up world:

me.jpg

IMG_2107yellow.jpg

IMG_1979_color-1.jpg

IMG_1953_sepia-1.jpg

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Maggie, a lot of us followed your thread on weather to use this uniform or not. I am pleased that you did! Charming pictures.

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
The Pin up thread for ALL? I came here expecting to see pictures of you gentlemen in the same vein as the ladies' thread! ...just putting that out there.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Well, as a relatively new person to the entire forum, I don't know what past brouhahas existed. But the two ladies' pictured here, well, classy portraits. I have not yet found a 40's or so era suit or shoes, but if I can find something, Ill buy it and post pics. I think it would be fun to find a brown zoot suit and some spats and braces and see how I would look. I already use pomade on thin hair, so I can overdo it a bit and go for a wet look. Anyway, loved that naval outfit and the red hair, and the blurry pic reminded me of some noir-type pics I saw of an aunt.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
At the 1908 Fourth of July Old Fashioned Picnic we attended at the Pardee House in Oakland, CA- four very dapper gents we know from Art Deco Society and PEERS circles showed of their fancy socks and sock garters during the Best Dressed Gentleman Contest! I only caught one on film giving us a peek at his great socks... btw, all four of the gents' sock garters (and socks) were fabulous! Our dapper son (now 13yo) Daniel picked up his first pair of vintage sock garters last weekend at the ADSC "How to Gatsby" seminar and sale.
368896373.jpg

get_atomized said:
[huh] I've got a thing for sock garters

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
YES, we want to see you gents in vintage swimsuits; 20s and 30s and 40s. Hmm, there was a pic of Paddy in his on his summer vacation in France post...

And of course we gals love to see a man in a vintage uniform...This is an Art Deco friend in the BAWMHRS (Bay Area Women's and Men's Historical Representation Society) group we are part of
362670469.jpg

get_atomized said:
The Pin up thread for ALL? I came here expecting to see pictures of you gentlemen in the same vein as the ladies' thread! ...just putting that out there.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
not quite a pinup, but maybe as close as I've gotten thusfar. I call this my "'this is what fifty looks like" picture. This is a favorite knit dance dress, perfect for tango, rhumba and bolero! Showing a bit of the gams...
359851297.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner