Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pinup Thread

Cricket

Practically Family
Great shots Mrs. 1940s. I about to come raid your closet when you are not home. Love the hat in the first one. I really need one like that. It is too darn hot here, and I need the shade. :)

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Miss 1940s, thank you for sharing these dreamy pics! Did you make the colors brighter in photoshop (or some other program) afterwards, or did they just turn out that colorful thanks to your outfit and choice of backgrounds? I'd liket to know how to achieve a technicolor effect.

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
cherry lips said:
Miss 1940s, thank you for sharing these dreamy pics! Did you make the colors brighter in photoshop (or some other program) afterwards, or did they just turn out that colorful thanks to your outfit and choice of backgrounds? I'd liket to know how to achieve a technicolor effect.
I brighten it myself....Hello technicolor!

Avalon

A-List Customer
Wow, I'm just floored by everyone in this thread! Miss 1940s, I love that shot of you on the fence. :eusa_clap

If I can find this somewhere else on the forum, let me know...but how exactly does one get started with vintage / pinup modeling?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Avalon said:
Wow, I'm just floored by everyone in this thread! Miss 1940s, I love that shot of you on the fence. :eusa_clap

If I can find this somewhere else on the forum, let me know...but how exactly does one get started with vintage / pinup modeling?

In your own home! It really doesnt take much to get started and doing some shots at home. Thats what we did! it was only on the second day we had a photographer friend to help us out.

Vintage Raven

Familiar Face
Avalon said:

You should definately do some pin up modelling! And as Darhling says, there is no better place to start than at home, where ýou can fell comfortable and start learning poses, which outfits work best, etc.

You know, you remind me of a ravenhaired Veronica Lake in your avatar :)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Edited a few more pics

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

The Shirt

Practically Family
Darhling - I think that 3rd one is just glorious! Crop those sides up and post them to the world. The whole group of them is really fun and playful. Man I would kill for that figure!
Miss 1940s - I am absolutely convinced that space and time around you slips into the 40s. I have never seen a photo that indicated you live amongst cell phones and microwaves. I love this about you!

Like Cherry Lips -I think it would be really informational for people wanting to try their own hand at it (um that would be me), if we talked a little but about the technics you tried to apply to the photos. Did you lighten, saturate, etc. I have a hard time trying to figure out how to take a semi-professional or non-professional shot and make it come off as vintage pin-up shot. I have photoshop and of course photbucket has a few free effects...

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
thanks darling,
The Shirt said:
Darhling - I think that 3rd one is just glorious! Crop those sides up and post them to the world. The whole group of them is really fun and playful. Man I would kill for that figure!
Miss 1940s - I am absolutely convinced that space and time around you slips into the 40s. I have never seen a photo that indicated you live amongst cell phones and microwaves. I love this about you!

Like Cherry Lips -I think it would be really informational for people wanting to try their own hand at it (um that would be me), if we talked a little but about the technics you tried to apply to the photos. Did you lighten, saturate, etc. I have a hard time trying to figure out how to take a semi-professional or non-professional shot and make it come off as vintage pin-up shot. I have photoshop and of course photbucket has a few free effects...

balgal

New in Town
Hello ladies,

All of you pin-ups out there are absoultly beautiful!!

I want to share you one of my pin-upy inspired photos (this is me on my 28th birthday). Back in April. Here's the link to view my photo:
index.cfm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic