Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pinup Thread

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
oh judy, I'm so glad you've joined us!:D My boyfriend took the pics of both of us. I'd love to have a photo session with you, maybe in July?
Fleur - there isn't a bone in your body that isn't elegant!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Miss Elise... Thanks Darling! I have more, but I can't post them here... :(

Rockapinup... Thank you! It was a fun shoot!

Mary... Thank you. I will have to wait until I do another shoot as I can't post anymore from this shoot. :(

Fleur... You are an absolute doll! What a thing to say as I think the same of you! Hehehehe

ShortClara... It's funny you say that because I was going for the whole toga thing! You should see some of the others I will be posting on MySpace closer to the 4th. I can't post them here... exposed boobie and all. Complete with photoshopped star on my "oh my"! lol

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
I hope someone can help me out here.. I am going to be in a pin up shoot, but I am probably going to edit/retouch the photos myself. Does anyone have any tips to make the photographs looking pin-up-y?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Makeup in photo shoots!

For those ladies with professional experience, what about makeup in photos? Is mineral makeup too 'shiny' in photographs? Is it best to go all matte, more than I would in real life? what looks good in photographs and what doesn't? I think we will be shooting both inside and outisde so tips for both will be appreciated greatly!!

ShortClara

One Too Many
Darhling said:
I hope someone can help me out here.. I am going to be in a pin up shoot, but I am probably going to edit/retouch the photos myself. Does anyone have any tips to make the photographs looking pin-up-y?

Darhling, I found this site and I liked the effect it gave my photo

http://veerle.duoh.com/blog/comments/photoshop_vintage_effect/

Here is the before:

Martti06-14-08275of461.jpg

Here is the after:

275RT2.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Well today was the final day of Vintage Ravens & mine pinup photoshoot and it is exhausting! We have so many great pictures (I am thinking about 1000 in total!) so now we have to find the best and then edit those to give them a vintage feeling! A question to the mods - we have some fabulous shots, but some are in lingerie, garters & stockings, what is acceptable to post here?

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Darhling said:
Well today was the final day of Vintage Ravens & mine pinup photoshoot and it is exhausting! We have so many great pictures (I am thinking about 1000 in total!) so now we have to find the best and then edit those to give them a vintage feeling! A question to the mods - we have some fabulous shots, but some are in lingerie, garters & stockings, what is acceptable to post here?

Looking forward to seeing the result! Did you use mineral makeup? How did it work out on photos? It's notorious for looking bad on photos, but I haven't noticed anything myself.

And, maybe this from the Fedora Lounge FAQ can help you:

What is the policy with respect to nudity?
No nudity is permitted on this site. Period. In addition, since we cater to people with a love for past eras -- regardless of age -- please make sure when you post a lingerie link, or any other link to check out the content of the "linked" site. We know this can be a bit of a gray area, but please make sure that there is no nudity (especially exposed breasts) allowed to be shown or linked to from our site. While we know the value and benefits of wearing things like garter belts, stockings, long line bras, and girdles, unfortunately these are seen by the vast majority today as fetish items. If the people of the Golden Era could show these items tastefully, so can we! So please check out the sites before you link to them. We have numerous younger readers and posters here, and we try to keep the joint "family friendly."

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
^ thanks Laura! The mineral makeup was okay, but I was shiny (not in a good way) in a few pics so I should have finished with a generous dusting of regular matte powder I think. I just really like the 'no feel' of mineral makeup.. Also since I didn't go for the very pale look it was fine otherwise I would have used a heavier foundation to get that look.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Okay so here is a few shots, I need to edit them properly, so this is just a taste! I am re-posting the ones with me being all femme fatale in here too because I love them ;)

Hey sailor!
DSC_0036.jpg

Femme Fatale
DSC_0361-1.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

Pensive in leopard
_DSC1976.jpg

TAXI!!
_DSC2198.jpg

Close up of the face, so you can see what it looks like with mineral makeup
_DSC1821-1.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Darhling said:
one tip though for future pin-ups, make sure your lipstick is RAZORSHARP applied.. I can see mine isn't and it shows up 100th times worse on pics than it is.

I don't see it's not razor sharp, but there aren't that many close ups either. Skin looks great, and your body, kapow! Amazing. ;)

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
She's a femme fatale

Oh Darhling, this is so much fun! I can't wait to see them ALL! So far the smoking and drinking ones are my favorites ;) This one is so sultry:
Darhling said:
Jack Daniels
_DSC1959.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
cherry lips said:
Oh Darhling, this is so much fun! I can't wait to see them ALL! So far the smoking and drinking ones are my favorites ;) This one is so sultry:

Haha.. thank you! Well they were the most fun I think, it was fun to try and smoke, Leslee did some neat ones with absinth, but Jack is more my friend. we did some lingerie shots as well with fur, champagne and sultry looks, but they aren't for the lounge.

Vintage Raven

Familiar Face
You look sooooo great darhling! I am simply floored by your pics, and so happy that we finally decided to do this photoshoot weekend :D :D :D

Here are some of my pics from today: (the leopard dress was obviously a favorite, hehe)

_DSC2009-1.jpg

_DSC2180.jpg

_DSC2160.jpg

_DSC1702.jpg

Vintage Raven

Familiar Face
I am desperately looking for the usb cable for the camera to send you the pics darhling. It must have gotten lost in the whole makeup table mess LOL

Here are a few more from yesterday:

DSC_02502-1.jpg

DSC_0475-1.jpg

DSC_0330-1.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StrangeRay