Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pinup Thread

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
:eek:fftopic:
cherry lips said:
Haha how fun! I can see the resemblance in the first pic. Is she very famous in Denmark? What was she famous for (what was her image in the 40s: sexy, smart, fatale, wholesome, voice, elegant, girl-next-door, etc)? What's your favorite film with her? I'd like to see one.

She's sort of known as the grand old lady of stage acting in Denmark. Her most popular film is probably Mød mig på Cassiopeia ("Meet me on Cassiopeia), a comedy from 1951 in which she plays a Greek muse! I'd say she was famous for her sweetness, but there was definitely a melancholy and femme fatale side to her as well (as in the cigarette photo, OW!). Feel free to put the post in the thread that Laura Chase linked to.

Hmm.. I haven't heard of that hotel, but I'll ask Mary about it. It sounds like something we should visit!

Mary, that's exactly the place I have seen pictures of! It looks lovely. I love the idea of nude bathing, it's so terribly 1930s Leni Riefenstahl-like (though I don't practise it myself ... yet lol ). Perhaps it could be the destination of a future outing?

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
teenage sleep-over

Mary and I behaved like teenagers yesterday:

Whispering secrets, cross your heart and hope to die
so7.jpg

so4.jpg

Brooding and daydreaming
so2.jpg

Pretending to be grown-up
so1.jpg

Giggles
so5.jpg

Idol
so3.jpg

Quarrel
so6.jpg

Milk mustaches!
so9.jpg

so8.jpg

It was fun pretending to be a teenager (much more fun than it was to actually be one). Our night gowns are vintage, but maybe not golden era. Please feel free to help us date them! I think my pink one is 60s. I hope these pics make you laugh, even though you don't know us in person. We laughed 'til our tummies hurt!
Now I'm looking forward to seeing photo sessions from you other gals...

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Oh,I love this set Girlies! (I had to throw the word girlies in there,because you both are epitomizing girly loveliness)
The hair,makeup,peignors are utter perfection. Great photography,too!

Mary

Practically Family
ShortClara said:
Cherry Lips, I want to play! I'll bring a feather pillow ;)

Yeah! We had a great fight but no photos to show. Were afraid to scare you off with our evil looks.:p

Wonderful photo Loilita! Keep on posting!

ShortClara

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
I hope this is ok here...

Just did a shoot today with my girlfriend for 4th of July and this is one of the first images to come from it.
P1140283b.jpg

Lolita, this almost reminds me of some sort of Victorian pageant costume or something. Or of 'The Music Man' - do you have one where you are a Grecian Urn? lol

judy

New in Town
Lovely pics, Mary and cherry lips! :eusa_clap

I want to take part in one of your photo sessions!

Who took the photos (since both of you appear in them...)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24