Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pinup Thread

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:
there have been a lot of girls in the livejournal vintage communities who have had bad transactions with PUC. i've never dealt with them myself though.

Yes, I specifically remember a thread in vintagehair about the company.

I didn't want to share anyone else's stories, but I thought I would give everyone here a [subtle] heads-up through a reputable source. I haven't dealt with them personally, but my mom told me that their customer service was a nightmare when she was trying to buy me some cute things for my birthday. They did things like charge her on her credit card for things she never bought, since they were out of stock...and then they made a huge fuss about those charges. She didn't end up getting anything from them.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
gluegungeisha said:
Yes, I specifically remember a thread in vintagehair about the company.

I didn't want to share anyone else's stories, but I thought I would give everyone here a [subtle] heads-up through a reputable source. I haven't dealt with them personally, but my mom told me that their customer service was a nightmare when she was trying to buy me some cute things for my birthday. They did things like charge her on her credit card for things she never bought, since they were out of stock...and then they made a huge fuss about those charges. She didn't end up getting anything from them.

Sounds horrible!! did she at least get her money back?! BTW what a sweet mom you have for searching for cute things for you :)

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Darhling said:
Sounds horrible!! did she at least get her money back?! BTW what a sweet mom you have for searching for cute things for you :)

She did get her money back, eventually...it was just a big hassle.

And yes, my mom is wonderful!! I think she's grateful that my sister and I have our own, unique styles...while other moms have to tell their girls that they can't leave the house with their butts hanging out of their skirts.

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer

MissHannah

One Too Many
Wow... $65!!! So cheap!

Has anyone bought the palm frond hair clip from Lipstick Vogue? It looks cute but it doesn't say what kind of clip it's on or what size it is.

PS

A-List Customer
Wow! That sounds so neat! 65 bucks really isn't much when you consider what you are getting. That would be an especially nice gift to do with a girlfriend at the price!!

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
It looks like just a brand new service. It did not mention a promotional period. It looks like the base price starts at $65 (depending on the style and lcoation of the shoot) and then you can add to it depending on the size photos you want and how many. Then, adding in the purchase of 1 dress, you are still looking at about $300 or more. I would really love to get the playing cards!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Need ideas for private pin-up shoot

I have arranged with my gorgeous vintage friend to have our own shoot (she knows a photographer who might help us, if not I have a great camera we can use to snap pics of eachother) and I was wondering about a few things:

Best poses : ideas for classic poses and what to remember when the camera goes off (pucker the lips, lenghten the feet etc if lying down etc.).

themes : what looks nice with accessories/props that are household items, so we don't have to go out and buy tons of stuff that will only be used as props for this.

So far we have these in mind:

girl talking on the phone
girl walking dog
girl waving goodbye to sailor (we need sailor though lol)

so any pics, neat descriptions or any tips will be greatly appreciated.

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Girl w/ martini glass and shaker? Or tiki mugs - whatever you may have
Girl reading vintage Life or other vintage magazine.
Adjusting seamed stockings
Umbrellas, parasols, dressing robes, vintage compacts or powder puffs.
Don't forget to have your fingernails & toes painted. Suck in the tummy, lift the rib cage, try to keep your shoulders down and relaxed, smile.
Have fun.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
in the bubble bath...

Putting on stockings...

Cooking! in a vintage kitchen...

Front and back view at the same time with a mirror (or side and back)...

And don't forget to think sexy thoughts, it shows...

Rachael

A-List Customer
a good shot is always a perfume atomizer. I did a shoot a while back and that's my favorite of the lot.

also the shot from above, one leg bent and the other straight. took that one lying on a chaise with my hair undone.

GWD

One Too Many
Here are some classy Vargas Girls

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I love classic pin up art for ideas. Try Googling "the pin-up files". That site has a large library of pin-up art. They are organized by artist, and are labeled classic or contemporary. I stick to the classics myself, as the contemporary isn't what I'm looking for anyway, and can get a bit racy for me.:eek:

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Thank you ALL for your ideas, they are all great and will be used. Thanks GWD for those wonderful pics, they show the poses perfectly!!

I have allready begun practicing!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana