Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pinup Thread

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Kita St Cyr said:
You gals are all so pretty :)

I just got some photos back from a shoot I did Wednesday evening. Here's my fave:

48d2a13ccdd14.jpg

I love it!
More pinup's need to use cats as accessories. Seriously cute.

JezebelDiVine

New in Town
This seems like a good place to start asking questions

well hi all im new here. I love vintage anything and i especially love the pinup look. I have tried many times to acheive the look and am starting to think its not meant for my face or something. If you can see my pic here on my avatar i have roundish eyes and droopier eye lids so its hard to get that look. HELP me. any suggestions? any at all. Where so i start! Let me know if there is any other info that would help with suggestions.

Tatum

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
I did a brilliant shoot at the weekend and thought I'd show off some pictures. They aren't 'pin-up' exactly, but they are vintage!

2915678871_d29a0aa881.jpg

2916547042_2bc4dcd979.jpg

2922133104_c8316385d7.jpg

Oh Fleur! Gorgeous as usual. I love the second one, it looks straight out a magazine spread.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
You could make anyone fall in love with the forties!

Thank you for showing these beautiful pics, Fleur! I like the sky background on the third, it makes it extra dreamy.
Fleur De Guerre said:

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
Fleur, your photos are wonderful! You look gorgeous in them..

Bartenders, if this is should be removed, please do so and accept my apologies.

Ladies, there is a new Ning-based community for pin-up modeling that i thought you all might enjoy. It's called PinUpLifestyle.com.
It's an entire site dedicated to pin-up models and the culture that surrounds them. It's nicely run and wonderfully moderated, I can't help but think some of you might enjoy it.

Again, Bartenders if I'm being inappropriate, please let me know.
DADQ

Mary

Practically Family
2915678871_d29a0aa881.jpg

2916547042_2bc4dcd979.jpg

2922133104_c8316385d7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Your look spectacular, Fleur!

I'd love to hear your thoughts about your photos. How you decide what you want to look like, how you pick the photos.

And what kind of photos of yourself the you don't like. I'd find it very interesting to hear your thoughts!

M

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
Hopefully this isn't too out of place here. This is a vintagey pin up inspired story I did hair and makeup for. It's featured in ACE magazines October issue. The story is entitled "Americana". Here is the spread:

pinup1-1.jpg

pinup2.jpg

pinup3.jpg

Model: Dore
Photographer: Courtney Dailey

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Gosh, I am totally impressed with everyone in this thread! My husband and I had a wild hair and tried an impromptu "pin-up shoot" this weekend and boy is it hard to get to look good! I have done other shoots that came out really well, but golly this one really got the "worst" of me! I have a lot of ideas to try next time, but I just wanted to compliment everyone on how good they look in this thread!!!

Mary

Practically Family
Please post some in this tread, Mrs Merl! I'd love to look at good pictures that aren't pinupy at all. And I don't consider all photos in this tread to be pin-upshots. Or please post them somewhere else. I find pictures with style so inspiring!

Mrs. Merl said:
Gosh, I am totally impressed with everyone in this thread! My husband and I had a wild hair and tried an impromptu "pin-up shoot" this weekend and boy is it hard to get to look good! I have done other shoots that came out really well, but golly this one really got the "worst" of me! I have a lot of ideas to try next time, but I just wanted to compliment everyone on how good they look in this thread!!!

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Well, I will have to dig through the gazillion pictures to find some decent shots. But just for fun here is the picture I let my mom photoshop since she was bored. I thought it turned out kinda cute.

Steph-pinup-web.jpg

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Mrs. Merl said:
Well, I will have to dig through the gazillion pictures to find some decent shots. But just for fun here is the picture I let my mom photoshop since she was bored. I thought it turned out kinda cute.

Steph-pinup-web.jpg

You look sooo cute!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

What are you talking about looking for decent pictures!! You look stunning in that one :)

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Thanks, we were just wasting time on a lazy Sunday. Most of the other pictures are not so great. I might still see if I can pull out some decent ones of the others just to post for fun. I set my hair in less than an hour that morning (foam rollers) and it worked, but I didn't like it as much as other sets. So I think partially my hair bugs me in the pictures.

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Okay, I found three that are okay. (Sometimes husbands take some embarrassing pictures when you aren't looking - sheesh! I guess they don't know which is not your best side!)

One more with the broom

Pin-up001.jpg

One with the radio

Pin-up002.jpg

One in my suit

Pin-up003.jpg

Next time we will work on the backgrounds and lighting - especially the lighting. And I will actually set my hair properly. Oh well, we did have fun and it was free fun! Anybody else taken any pictures lately? I always love to be inspired by everyone else and their pictures!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925