Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pinup Thread

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Mrs Merl, you are too cute! I love the witchy pic! :D

Thanks all for the kind words. Mary I missed your question until now. But the answer is that I just tend to wear things I haven't shot in yet, and I vary my hairstyles according to what I did for my last shoot. Sometimes the photographer pics which shots he/she likes best and they're not always the ones I'd pick. I always go for the ones I think I look best in, or slimmer, or whatever. But they're not always the best all-round photos.

In pin-up related news, I'm a contestant in a competition over at 21st Centry Pinups magazine. The details are in my blog (linked in my sig) so if any of you lovely ladies had a moment to cast your votes for me (and the gorgeous gals in the other categories) I'd be very grateful.

Mary

Practically Family
Mrs Merl. You look great! And you're good with different pin-up poses. As you say, work a bit with better backgrounds and angles and all that and they'll be smashing for sure!

Thanks for your response, Fleur. Interesting points. I recognize that as a photographer you may like a picture even if the person think it's awful cause they have a silly smile, big nostrils or bad hair!!

Maybe everybody only wants to look good, thin on photos. I know I do, but sometimes I wish to convey feelings with a photo. I believe it's hard to really do it, but it's still an aim. Like your last photos, to me you look like a statue, a little ethereal maybe. They are a bit like 50's fashion shots, with models. What are you biggest inspirations?

Oh, It sounds like I'm intersted in Fleurs point of view. That's not true. I'm intrested in everbodies views on themselves.

If I should start, I'd like to take many different kinds of fotos. I'd really like informal snapshots ant to take more pictures with more life in them. That look like you'd catch a glimpse of a happy day. And I'd love to have a picture of me, really pretty where you'd think that you knew me. Or that you saw my soul or something like that. And then I'd like a picture of me looking as greta garbo, hepburn and so on...

I know I dont want to look to sexy but I like the pin-up thing when it's very over the top and dressed.And I'd definitely like to have photos where I look cruel and evil! I have to many pleasant photos. Enough talking. Will have to persuade my friend to have a go with the camera very soon.;)

M

cynroux

Familiar Face
Wow, what a bunch of lookers you all are!;)

I was lucky enough to do a shoot with Baltimore's Atomic Cheesecake Studio this spring. I can't recommend photographer Stacey Barich highly enough. I'm still blaming her for lighting the fire under my vintage habit to the point where it's singed the beezeejus out of my wallet.

BTW, all this was Stacey's magic...I really don't look this good. :D

2968640983_b811478e0f_o.jpg

2968633085_71e91aa91c_o.jpg

2968633081_87d4b9bb7e_o.jpg

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
BTW, all this was Stacey's magic...I really don't look this good. :D

Suuuuuuure you don't lol ;) ;) I'm sure you look just as fabulous in real life as you do in these fantastic photos :eusa_clap

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Oooh! You are sooo cute! Did you have fun! I had fun with mine, so I really think that is the important part! You outfit it really fun and you look great for having thrown yourself together (I wouldn't have thought so at all!!) I hope you think about taking some more, it would be fun to see more outfits and more poses! (That goes for everybody too!)

Mojito

One Too Many
Very nice, CherryRed - you're gorgeous, it's a cute outfit, and that coat looks sumptuous - just right for such lush, lovely shots.

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
All the photos in this thread are so much fun! I've never got comfortable enough in front of a camera to do any pin-ups (professional photographers are pretty much done with me and my nervous facial expressions lol ) - so I especially applaud all you ladies who have the courage to do it!

Everybody here looks wonderful, but I have to add as a special aside to Mrs Meri, you are gorgeous.... Such a perfect, classic face!

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Oh, I am blushing. :eek: But I feel like you couldn't possibly be talking about me! I always feel so goofy when I look back at my pictures. You have made my entire day though! Thank you!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
CHerry Red- You look stunning!!!! I love your vava voom!! ;) :eusa_clap

Rebbeca MUA and I went to the QM event on friday and it was such a beautiful setting.. and we had a camera.. and well im sure you can guess what happened.. LOL

Here are a few pics we took.. the ship inspired us.. its soo beautiful..

They absolutly not professional and they were taken on a whim..kind of a in the moment thing :)

l_de12e317b7b34a43bb0b54db5b52fe68.jpg

l_341ee88e527a4a2c8862b7e71a77f288.jpg

l_f8cd2033807f477db7ad23f158c93bd3.jpg

l_21f7952e9d1e4efebcc0673e0074437b.jpg

l_33d520da56a94cde89943d0288baf0b2.jpg

We had alittle too much fun running around the ship.. but we got some great pictures out of it! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner