Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Pinup Thread

pretty faythe

One Too Many
For my next shoot I want to do some vintage pin up. I.E. Coke ads, etc. Yet I can't seem to find any good example of the old time coke ads. Any one have a good link?
Thanks

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
Hey Dolls,
So, major rejection my way lately:( I've been turned down for Pinuppost.com and a pinup community on Livejournal. I thought my last shoot was great and the best pics yet! I would really love to post some of them here and get some opinions of what I may be doing wrong. Anyone interested?

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
hotrodmama0201 said:
Hey Dolls,
So, major rejection my way lately:( I've been turned down for Pinuppost.com and a pinup community on Livejournal. I thought my last shoot was great and the best pics yet! I would really love to post some of them here and get some opinions of what I may be doing wrong. Anyone interested?

Post away!

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Well Hotrodmama, I don't know why you are getting the rejection. I just took a look at your pics and they are very cute. I like the second one the best, it shows your face very well. Maybe you got the "rejection" based on stupid factors like they've received alot of brunettes lately and are looking for blondes,redheads, etc. I'd try it again later because I'm sure they can never get enough leggy lovey ladies such as yourself.

i_am_the_scruff

A-List Customer
scarlett said:
Well Hotrodmama, I don't know why you are getting the rejection. I just took a look at your pics and they are very cute. I like the second one the best, it shows your face very well. Maybe you got the "rejection" based on stupid factors like they've received alot of brunettes lately and are looking for blondes,redheads, etc. I'd try it again later because I'm sure they can never get enough leggy lovey ladies such as yourself.
These must be the reasons because those pictures are lovely!

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
Thanks, girls. It becomes really discouraging. I think the guy on Pinuppost.com chooses girl who are "established" and are sexy.....I guess I just don't have enough recognition under my belt or I am not showing enough skin.
I feel too that I am just not SEXY enough. It seems alot of these websites want girls who are surgically enhanced and have more of the modern Hollywood insipred look. I'm more traditional (except for the tattoos, of course) I don't have big boobs, show alot of cleavage, or really sex it up. I thought pinup was all about being sexy WITHOUT having to be revealing?!?
I dunno, I'm just not willing to be slutty.

Adele

One of the Regulars
I have to agree with the gals above me, and moreover, the third one is my favorite. Very cute!

Blondie

Practically Family
Hotrodmama,
Big applause for staying true to yourself :eusa_clap
If you aren't want they want it doesnt mean you aren't good enough/ sexy enough/ cute enough,
start your own blog/website etc,have fun with it,
too many girls take the whole pinup & burlesque thing way too seriously,
and at the end of the day it is how you feel about yourself rather than what others think of you that really matters !!!!!!!

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
^ True.
....but, I can't believe how big the pinup/burlesque thing has blown up in the past few years. There are just SO MANY GIRLS that are aspiring hopefuls to be "pinups" it's just so discouraging. At this point I am about to give up. There are just too many girls. It's all about who you know, how big your boobs are and how many tattoos you have. I'm just a simple hard working girl and cannot afford things like fake boobs and tons of tattoo work. I guess I am just not cut out for the game. It sucks, but it is what it is. No need in trying to change things you can't. I don't know why I even thought I would be good enough for this venture in the first place.

Blondie

Practically Family
You are good enough !!!!!!
Do you have a myspace page ?
I know there are alot of pinup groups on there,
don't give up, take small steps and slowly but surely.........
P.M me, i have an idea for you ;-)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I am amazed you got rejected by Pinup Post as there have been some seriously grainy and self-shot pictures on there. He must have gone temporarily mental! Seriously, don't let it discourage you! Your pics are ace. However it's best to be realistic about your goals - are you aiming to be the next Bernie Dexter or whatever? Most of the top ladies got to where they are through luck, being in the right place at the right time, winning a competition etc. So don't be downhearted if you don't seem to be getting anywhere for a while, maybe you're about to be 'discovered'! You certainly look the part and the popular pinups don't have anything that you don't have! :D

I know for me, pin up modelling is never likely to be anything more than a hobby - it's just too niche in the UK. But it is a fun and cool hobby to have, so I'm just going with it and enjoying it while I can! :D

The Shirt

Practically Family
My 2 cents - you are gorgeous. Keep your head up - I honestly think you look much more darling than some that I see in the car mags and such. You have a stunning figure and a beautiful face. Perhaps try some alternate venues to get into it. I suppose it's like many things and it's all in who you know. Keep making friends with photographers and Car show/mags etc. Enter all the competitions you can. Gather a local following.

Inky

One Too Many
Hotrod, stay true to yourself and stick to your guns. girls that show off too much skin are a dime a dozen. I think your shots are adorable and you'll find the right opportunity by staying on your path.

You're a doll!

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
Hoping you ladies can help me, I'm entering a competition that requires sending a photo of me in a bikini (how cruel is that). I'm a little paranoid about extra weight around my belly, so this isn't my first choice for a flattering outfit. I figured I'd make myself feel a bit better about it by doing a more pin up style shoot, though it has to be full length. Any ideas for poses? I'm probably going to take my parasol down to the beach, so I have a prop to play with.

Also.. I have a lot of scars on my legs, and the picture isn't allowed to be edited in any way, so ideas on covering them up would be welcome?

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
hotrodmama0201 said:

WOW, you got rejected?? I can't see why, your photos are beautiful. As the other ladies said already, stick to your guns and eventually someone will take notice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran