Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Powder Room is Now Ladies Only. But I LIKE Talking To Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
As I said when this whole issue came up, I personally could not possibly care less if any group of men here want to have a place where they can hang a "No Girls Allowed" sign on the door. The only way in which sex-segregated facilities become inappropriate, in my view, is when they are used to isolate one sex from the inner circles of power. Given that male loungers outnumber female loungers by a vast margin, I kind of doubt that our staking out a place for ourselves is in any way disturbing to the overall balance of power here.

As Scotrace said elsewhere, though, debating and complaining and getting all passive-aggressive about the change will alter absolutely nothing. The women of the Lounge have made their decision, and it will be upheld. Life will go on, the sun will rise, the sun will set, and we'll all have lunch.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Shangas, you absolutely have not! I am referring to the small minority that seem to feel equality and fairness means they hold all the cards and anything less is an insult to their warped perception of fairness.

We need more like you.

Hi Feraud, thanks for the clarification. What was it that was painted on the barn walls?

"EVERYONE IS EQUAL BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"?

JWalford

Banned
I quit.

How sad to read that this website will be emulating Jim Crow laws when it comes to equal opportunity discussion. The notice I got this morning regarding the vote open only to women regarding the inclusion of men in Powder Room threads was shameful. Adding insult to injury, Ms. Lizziemaine has prematurely announced that the Powder Room is already closed to male members.

Please remove my user name and password access to The Fedora Lounge. I do not want to be associated with this kind of sexist organization.

Jonathan Walford
[edited by scotrace: removed list of poster's books/articles.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Nothing premature about it. The vote was to end last Thursday night, May 8th, at 6pm EDT, and it ended on schedule, with women approving the change by a 2 to 1 margin. So they have voted, and so it shall be.

We'll miss your contributions.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
How sad to read that this website will be emulating Jim Crow laws when it comes to equal opportunity discussion. The notice I got this morning regarding the vote open only to women regarding the inclusion of men in Powder Room threads was shameful. Adding insult to injury, Ms. Lizziemaine has prematurely announced that the Powder Room is already closed to male members.

Please remove my user name and password access to The Fedora Lounge. I do not want to be associated with this kind of sexist organization.

Jonathan Walford

Well now,...sad you decided to leave. You show being registered in 2009 but only one post!?! If you are really who you say you are, it would have been really nice had you shared into the conversation around here the past few years. If you are who you say you are, (I have no idea if you are, so please do not take my questioning the wrong way) the knowledge you could have been sharing would have been some very wonderful small gifts of history and a wealth of information. And now you decide to say , "So long". Many people may feel as you do, but in the bigger picture, the Lounge is still the place to be.

The greatest people are going to be here, come high...or low....rain...or snow. We simply care enough to weather things out.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
ha ha ha ha ha ha

It must be a first! One's first and only post … is to quit!lollollollollollol You really couldn't make it up!

Ironic is it not? Almost like, I had my life's savings in a bag, but packed it up, shipped it out and can't recall where I sent it to!? Could have been a great "Paul Harvey" story. lol!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Geez, no one is going to BEG you to stay, but if you do, what is the harm to you about any of your concerns? No one knows for sure if everything is going to be perfect here or in life out and about. But being a good person and sharing history and information is a most welcomed trait.

Jonathan Walford
[edited by scotrace: removed list of poster's books/articles.

Jonathan who? :p

LizzieMaine

Bartender
If we do have one, it simply *must* be called the "He-Man Woman Haters Club", entrance to which requires the secret hi-sign. This is an absolute necessity.

tvw_little_rascals-300x300.jpg

Boys will be boys.

Can someone please explain to me how having a Woman's Only Thread is good for the over all image of this board?
I was never a fan of the ole boy network mentality nor am I a fan of the Ole Gal network...

Would having an Asian Only members be ok? Or Jewish members only ok? SURELY NOT....

One of the greatest things that occurred during the GE in America was the fight for civil rights and equality for us all.

I can only recall posting in the Powder Room may be 2/3 times however I read post on different topics in the aforementioned thread and I have found it to be informative, educational, enjoyable etc. However, now knowing that I cannot reply or give an opinion or relate a situation etc will more then likely lead me to not read any of the post, therefore we all lose something due in part to this biased rule.

My male member .02

Best regards

CCJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner