Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The power of hats

deenis

Familiar Face
I have noticed that when I have a dreaded task that needs to be accomplished that when I wear a nice hat to complete the task, life is not so bad. It's kind of like an old friend is there with me. Am I alone in this?:cool2:

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

I have an old, moth-eaten Stetson Open Road that I wear daily here on the farm. I clean it every so often, but it has more than it's share of sweat stains, dirt spots and the like.

It's an old friend and one of the more 'dreaded' tasks here is mucking out the chicken pen. That's always hot, dusty and dirty (and not your usual dirt here, either) work. Work that's done with a rake, shovel and manure fork. After shoveling out the henhouses and raking the yard, one has to lift the piles od muck over the fence into the front-end loader to then dump on the compost pile.

This is done in the cool of the mornings (usually takes three) so the old Stetson is the hat always worn. I have other straw hats that come and go, but this Stetson is the one felt hat I have for farm work. It keeps right on going, sort of like the Battery Bunny. lol

Here's a shot of me wearing the farm OR sitting on my crawler/dozer just before I waded into the remnants of the compost pile to scrape up what the front-end loader on the tractor didn't get. BTW, the compost is piled all year long to be spread onto the veggie garden in the spring. :)

Stan420c2.jpg

A crop of this shot is what I use in my avatar.

later!

Stan

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I always feel better while wearing a fedora when doing a particularly onerous task. Well, maybe not so onerous. When Im doing yardwork or home repairs, I have one of my two 'work' fedoras on, and I feel more at ease in general. I love wearing hats, and the right fedora(s) are that much more special.

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
I have to say that I never was a hat man. never found a hat that worked for me. That is until I wore my first fedora just a few short months ago. I notice when I wear my fedora, I feel better inside, and I seem to get a little more respect from others. It does give me a bit of pride inside. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner