The Real McCoy's Steinbeck | Size 42, black

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by christian-h, Jun 10, 2019.

1. christian-h

christian-h New in Town

Hello Fedora.

I simply don't use this since I purchased my Buco J-22. That's why I'm letting this one go and it's to nice to hang in my closet.

There's one stitch that has sprung loose in the shoulder area. I have been adviced by Real McCoy's (and a well reputed tailor/cobbler in Sthlm) to wear it as it is, since this doesn't effect the construction (still worth mentioning). Worn about 10-15 times.

Classfied will be updated with good pictures in the evening*.

1930's style sports jacket based on a vintage piece. Back then most sports jackets featured a closed end type zipper. For usability purposes, they soon change to separable ended zippers which we are more familiar with today.

Made using the best quality Horsehide and Vegetable tanned, the collar also has periodically correct stitching to reflect the iconic character of the jacket from the Great Depression era. The jacket is complete with zipped chest pocket, two slit zipped pockets and adjustable cinch’s on the back.

SPECIFICATION
    • 100% Leather
    • Polish Horsehide
    • 100% Cotton Lining
    • 1930's talon front zippers
    • Fits true to size
    • Made in Japan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MEASUREMENTS

• Chest - 21,5 inch (55 cm)
    • Sleeve - 25,5 inch (65 cm)
    • Lenght - 25 inch (63,5 cm)
    • Shoulder - 18,5 inch (47 cm)

https://www.realmccoyslondon.com/eu...43/s/joe-mccoy-steinbeck-sports-jacket-black/

Size 42.
    1150 EUR (1200 USD) shipped world wide.

Price includes shipping world wide (i'm located in Sweden) and comes with the original dust bag.

Best wishes
    Christian

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    mtrlr and Lebowski like this.
  2. Lebowski

Lebowski Practically Family

Nice HB, actual measurements might help.

christian-h likes this.
  3. christian-h

christian-h New in Town

Thx Jeff!
    Steinbeck size guide.jpg

Lebowski likes this.
  4. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Wow!

christian-h likes this.
  5. christian-h

christian-h New in Town

Thanks! Here's the cool story about the jacket.

JOE MCCOY
    STEINBECK SPORTS JACKET
    1930's style sports jacket based on a vintage piece. Back then most sports jackets featured a closed end type zipper. For usability purposes, they soon change to separable ended zippers which we are more familiar with today.

Skärmavbild 2019-06-10 kl. 16.57.13.png

tmitchell59 and Corky Corcovado like this.
  6. Lebowski

That's interesting. Does anybody know what kind of sports is most suitable for leather HB jacket?
    I feel it more like MC or sharp/smart casual, but sports?
    P.S. Superb jacket, but why it's not in size 44... again... Any lean/slim buyer would be very happy with this beaut. Very like this jacket.

christian-h likes this.
  7. Lebowski

You're welcome Sir!)

8. christian-h

christian-h New in Town

In my mind, if you study the mytologi around the word sport associated to this jacket - or a classical sports jacket - I think you will find connections to sports like golf, cricket and polo etc. I don't think you necessary wore this type of jacket on the course, more like to the course. And hey... There isn't so much sport over a sport blazer these days. That's my interpretation.

I can definitely see my steinbeck swapped fore the guy to the left. Max-Behr-Allister-MacKensie-1924.jpg

And hey... Don't ask so much questions - they're giving me second thoughts.:D

Lebowski likes this.
  9. Lebowski

Hey Chris, listen to your second thoughts and keep this beautiful jacket. This masterpiece has very few competitors.

christian-h likes this.
  10. Lebowski

Yep, I suppose you're right Chris - naming this outerwear pattern as "sports jacket" then they definitely ment what we call "smart casual" nowadays.

christian-h likes this.