Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Resistol Roundup

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Here's the Resistol Kitten Finish I won a month or so ago:

KF_Resistol_01-1.jpg

KF_Resistol_04-1.jpg

It's a little shorter-brimmed (2 1/8") and lower-crowned than my others, but very lightweight, and has conformed to my head easily. I can wear it for long periods without even knowing it's up there. Sort of the hat Robert Lansing would have worn playing Steve Carella in "87th Precinct" in 1961? Anybody have an idea how old this one might be?

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
1950's Resistol Melorol

This hat has one of the coolest felt ribbons I have ever seen. I gave this 6 7/8 a slight stretch and now it fits my size 7 head beautifully.

Original Auction Photos:

1950sResistolfeltribbon1.jpg

1950sResistolfeltribbon2.jpg

AFTER some steaming, brushing, cleaning, and stretching:

DSC06778.jpg

DSC06777.jpg

DSC06781.jpg

DSC06786.jpg

DSC06787.jpg

DSC06795.jpg

DSC06799.jpg

DSC06801.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Here's the Resistol Kitten Finish I won a month or so ago:

KF_Resistol_01-1.jpg

KF_Resistol_04-1.jpg

It's a little shorter-brimmed (2 1/8") and lower-crowned than my others, but very lightweight, and has conformed to my head easily. I can wear it for long periods without even knowing it's up there. Sort of the hat Robert Lansing would have worn playing Steve Carella in "87th Precinct" in 1961? Anybody have an idea how old this one might be?

Very cool Hat. The color, wonderful. Looks great.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
This hat has one of the coolest felt ribbons I have ever seen. I gave this 6 7/8 a slight stretch and now it fits my size 7 head beautifully.

Original Auction Photos:

1950sResistolfeltribbon1.jpg

1950sResistolfeltribbon2.jpg

AFTER some steaming, brushing, cleaning, and stretching:

DSC06778.jpg

DSC06777.jpg

DSC06781.jpg

DSC06786.jpg

DSC06787.jpg

DSC06795.jpg

DSC06799.jpg

DSC06801.jpg

Good work Josh, like the Ribbon. Looks fantastic after your work. Congrats.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Picked up this Resistol 5X on ebay. The box says San Antonio but the sweat band does not. I don't know how everyone here
feels about it if I call it a San Antonio. I know some people don't like it if one calls a hat an Open Road if it does not say it on
the band. The crown is 6inches opened and the brim is 2 3/4. The flange on the brim is more severe them on my OR or CD maybe closer to a Stratoliner. I think I am going to steam it and teardrop crease it with the brim snapped down. Any thoughts?
ressanansidebd.jpg

ressananfrontbd.jpg

ressanantopbu.jpg

Some inside shots. Any ideas on age? I think late 70's
ressananlinner.jpg

ressananband5x.jpg

ressananbandstore.jpg

And now the head shots
Brim Up
ressananheadshotbu.jpg

Brim Down
ressananheadshotbd.jpg

Jeff

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
I've actually had this Resistol Florentine Milan for a few months, but haven't really worn it. For one, it started life with this ugly pug:
2012-01-04115130.jpg

For another, the brim really needed a good re-flange. You can see in this first pic that it is a bit wonky. So I had thought of sending it out to Optimo, but then figured I would save a few bucks and take it to Paul's Hat Works here in SF for the flange and to change the ribbon. Paul's, by the by, has a fantastic collection of vintage ribbons of which I got to see a few. We were sorting through a few different options when this brown one with black stripes jumped out at me. A week later, here is the result:
2012-01-11133015.jpg

2012-01-11133042.jpg

These outdoor pictures are a much better representation of the color than the first. All in all, I am very pleased that this one got a new lease on life, just in time for a little jaunt to Oahu on Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen