Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Resistol Roundup

Jerry Probst

One of the Regulars
Yeah, it's a nice hat, but size 7 can be hit or miss with prices. If that $300 hat you're seeing is from timothiescloset, forget about it. That's my size, and honestly most of my eBay hats have been under $100 (including a stupid good deal I got on a complete Stetson 100 with travel case).

It certainly looks pre Hatco, does it say Byer Rolnick on the liner? My guess is 60's (but I always say that).

Thanks, Yes it does say Byer Rolnick in the liner. Does that indicate a range of dates? Cool.

When I looked up Byer Rolnick, I noticed they also produced Churchhill Ltd. hats.

In my search today, I saw Fedoras made by Churchill, Cavanagh, Adam and Lion as well as a Resistol Beaver XXX ... all in pretty decent shape. Like the Beaver Fifteen they are all too small for me. Being a natural fabric, I wonder how well the felt will stretch, and if it's worth it to buy a hat stretcher.

Also, I understand Ebay asking prices don't often reflect the actual price folks are willing to pay. But it is an indication that I got a good deal at the Thrift Shop. ;)

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Resistol Waco
85a0b6590fbfb4c22a852eb358ba0ce7.jpg

e24f9c2b37cb0ad7a0b4ed9c2e46220c.jpg
bd34ea4605dc0eeb5cefd02160a87d4a.jpg

rclark

Call Me a Cab

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, Yes it does say Byer Rolnick in the liner. Does that indicate a range of dates? Cool.

When I looked up Byer Rolnick, I noticed they also produced Churchhill Ltd. hats.

In my search today, I saw Fedoras made by Churchill, Cavanagh, Adam and Lion as well as a Resistol Beaver XXX ... all in pretty decent shape. Like the Beaver Fifteen they are all too small for me. Being a natural fabric, I wonder how well the felt will stretch, and if it's worth it to buy a hat stretcher.

Also, I understand Ebay asking prices don't often reflect the actual price folks are willing to pay. But it is an indication that I got a good deal at the Thrift Shop. ;)
As I recall reading here, the "Byer-Rolnick" name disappeared in 1968, so yours has to be from '68 or earlier.

You can stretch a hat perhaps 1 size, I understand, and have done it for myself, from 6 7/8 to my usual size 7. Beyond that, natural the felt may be, but it has its limits! You could probably run this one to 7 1/8, I think, but not to 7 1/4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points