Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sale of NOS Johnnyphi hats begins.

Stan

A-List Customer
My 2 cents

Hi,

At the risk of sounding like an echo around here, I'll add my 2 cents. Or is that 4 cents with inflation?? ;)

I've been watching the first batch, just out of curiosity as none were ones I'd picked out of the master list. I do have a list of numbers sitting here, and when they show up, I'll be a-bidding.

I think it's grand that Johnny is offering them here first, and even grander that the crew that runs the joint have put so much extra effort to make that happen! :D

I suppose that the long weekend may have had an effect, so I echo the thought that a restart may well be in order, and just forget the results from the first attempt as being atypical.

Later!

Stan

J.B.

Practically Family
EVEN-STEVEN said:
I notice that the new auctions have no opening bids stipulated. Is this correct?

And another question...

johnnyphi said:
End Date: Saturday, May 31, at 6:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -4)...

scotrace said:
- Wednesday auctions will end at 5:00 PM Eastern on Saturday...

5:00 PM -or- 6:00 PM?

Many thanks.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Some gents beat me to it!

EVEN-STEVEN said:
I notice that the new auctions have no opening bids stipulated. Is this correct?

Before I could post opening bids, a couple hats heated up!

The rest have opening bids.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I see the next batch is ending on a Saturday. I hope that doesn't become a habit... My weekends are insanely busy. I get the feeling I'm not going to stand much of a chance here.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^Bids can be placed at any time (eg, now if you desire). My understanding is there will be a round set to end on Wednesday evening as well.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I understand that, and it's go to know there will be some Wednesday stuff. But if we can only bid in $5 increments, aren't we kind of stuck having to watch closely until we hit our maximum?

And I'm not just griping here for my own sake (though I really want to nab something). Weekends just seem like a bad idea for the seller and for many potential bidders. Especially this time of year, when we should be outside spending time with the family, doing yard work, and going out and about. Just my opinion, of course.

RPeers

One of the Regulars
Got my Hat!

I just received my 7 1/8 Schoble from Jhonnyphi. This is an amazing hat (for an amazing price, Thanks Jhonny!) It is every bit as nice as it looks in the pictures on the posting. I would like to let anyone who might be hesitant of putting up a higher offer on one of these "unseen" hats that you will be thrilled with the hat when it arrives, oh except if its a 1/8 or 1/4 then just leave those too me you didn't want those anyways ;)
Now to wait for my favorites to come up better start saving my nickels.

RPeers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24