Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sale of NOS Johnnyphi hats begins.

jeff

One of the Regulars
Howdy,

If there's no starting bid specified in the auction, is that a mistake, or can we assume that the opening bid is $5?

jeff

Fredthecat

One of the Regulars
auction payment

What's the trick to getting a response AFTER the auction ends so I can send payment? Sent paypal info, email and shipping address by PM, 2 days no response.
Perhaps johnnyphi is outta town?

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
The sooner I get the PM, the sooner you get your hat...

Fred,

I didn't receive your PM with your PayPal email address, until today. I was starting to worry, but I figured you'd come calling when you were ready. Anyway, the PayPal invoice is in your email Inbox, awaiting payment.

Let's be clear for the folks at home... You won the auction 2 days ago, and you sent the PM with PayPal info this afternoon. I was here on Saturday, watching the auction. Invoices went out to GWD, Stan and J.B. on Sunday because they sent me their info right away. I received their payments yesterday, and their hats shipped this morning. Stan paid today, and his will ship in the morning.

As mentioned in Scott's "Rules of Engagement" post, the winner of each auction should send me their PayPal address after the auction closes. Your second PM was very helpful because it included the auction number, hat barcode, etc. That makes my life much easier.

Scott is exactly right. I do have a "day job", although I was there until 10 PM tonight, so it is really more of a "night and day job"...

Members rest assured, if you send me the PayPal info, then I'll send the invoice.

Fredthecat said:
What's the trick to getting a response AFTER the auction ends so I can send payment? Sent paypal info, email and shipping address by PM, 2 days no response.
Perhaps johnnyphi is outta town?

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Loooonnnnggg Week...

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to post any new hats for auction on Wednesday night. It has been a very long week, and I just didn't have time to deal with it.

I did ship hats to everyone who sent me a PM for earlier auctions, so I'm looking forward to seeing photos posted. GWD and JB should have received theirs today... What do you think, gents?

New auctions will be posted on Sunday, and hopefully I'll be able to post 2 hats from each size to make up for the auction we missed this week.

Things were just starting to heat up, so I hope that continues!

Regards,
Johnny

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
I think these auctions are a fantastic addidtion to the site, but....

Could you make everyone out there stop having the same size head as mine?

or maybe make them not have more money than I do?:(

I seriously hope everyone with the "right" size head is/will be enjoying MY hats.:rage:

dv:D

J.B.

Practically Family
johnnyphi said:
...GWD and JB should have received theirs today... What do you think, gents?...

Just opened the box three hours ago and I'll tell you what I think, johnnyphi. I think your hat is SENSATIONAL!

It already ranks as one of my absolute favorites, and I can't tell you what a kick it is to be the first owner/wearer/ELU of a 50 year-old hat! :)

(I've only owned one other NOS vintage hat. Oddly enough, it was an ADAM, too...) [huh]

Thanks again for auctioning your fine purchase to the members here. Believe me, if I can just "get well" with a longshot against Big Brown tomorrow -- I'll be in there buying more of 'em with both hands!!
emogrinyesfk7.gif

GWD

One Too Many
I missed the hat shipment, I had it delivered to my office but I had to leave the office before it arrived, I'll get it on Monday....I can't wait!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Thread Lock-down Possible?

If it's not too much trouble, would it be possible for a bartender to lock down the johnnyphi auction threads for the hats that have already been sold? (It's getting a wee bit confusing to follow the action these days...) Many thanks!
:)

Cheers,
JtL

frijoli

One of the Regulars
jimmy the lid said:
If it's not too much trouble, would it be possible for a bartender to lock down the johnnyphi auction threads for the hats that have already been sold? (It's getting a wee bit confusing to follow the action these days...) Many thanks!
:)

Cheers,
JtL

I agree!

Clay

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
Ended auctions are usually marked "SOLD" in the title.
I'll update that this evening.

Many thanks, Scott. [BTW, I mentioned the "lock-down" since the icon makes it easy to see at a glance which auctions are "live" or not. ;) ]

Cheers,
JtL

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
We'll leave them open as Johnnyphi may have further business to post in them.. Look for the "SOLD or UNSOLD at the far right of the thread auction title.

mtechthang

One of the Regulars
johnnyphi said:
I'm sorry that I wasn't able to post any new hats for auction on Wednesday night. It has been a very long week, and I just didn't have time to deal with it.

Johnny-
We understand! Hope you get a little break time. Looking forward to Sunday.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Just a little heads-up about sizing. My 7 1/8 (one was lo)schoble and adam ran true to size. A 7 1/8 usually tends to fit a little loose on me and these fit just a touch tighter than my other lids. Definately not enough to go up a size, but such that I am glad I resisted the urge to try for a good deal on a 7. They are already loosening up a bit in just acouple days. Please don't think they are too tight though. The fit is better than other non-VS hats I own.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
handlebar bart said:
Just a little heads-up about sizing. My 7 1/8 (one was lo)schoble and adam ran true to size. A 7 1/8 usually tends to fit a little loose on me and these fit just a touch tighter than my other lids. Definately not enough to go up a size, but such that I am glad I resisted the urge to try for a good deal on a 7. They are already loosening up a bit in just acouple days. Please don't think they are too tight though. The fit is better than other non-VS hats I own.

Obviously you must be a selfconformist????

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Handlebar! I was tempted to try for a LO one size down from my usual because I'm sort of between sizes on mass produced hats. I'll know not to do that, now.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Not-Bogart13 said:
Thanks Handlebar! I was tempted to try for a LO one size down from my usual because I'm sort of between sizes on mass produced hats. I'll know not to do that, now.

You're welcome Bogart. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran